Wet The Face / Taboo

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
WetTheFace

Wet The Face / Taboo

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: Wet The Face
Product: Taboo
Founder: Don Youngner
[url]Website: http://wettheface.com[/url]

A few months ago, I had this great idea for a shaving soap. It was turning out to be a complex scent but upon completion, I needed to find a name for it. I struggled with this for some time and it was getting where I needed to create the label which for me is my last step in the creative process. Nothing I selected seemed to fit it got so bad that the soap was put aside for that reason. During this time, I found a new show I got hooked on called Taboo it’s about an adventurer James Keziah Delaney who returns to London during the War of 1812 to rebuild his late father's shipping empire. However, both the government and his biggest competitor want his inheritance at any cost - even murder. This show was different than anything I’ve seen on TV before so I decided the scent of my soap was just as unique and Taboo was selected.

Taboo is packaged in a 4oz standard amber tub with a black screw in lid. You have able room to load a brush in from its opening. The label was created to reflect the mood of the TV series dark and mysterious you don’t really know what going to happen next.

The scent is complex and some say intoxication as well. The outer ring of the label you can see the top notes of mandarin, apricot, orange, and tagetes. It's warm and inviting undertones are comprised of balsam, rum, rose, violet, jasmine, ylang-ylang, and iris. The base notes are a heady blend of sandalwood, black currant, wild pears, vanilla, musk, and Vetiver.

Whether you face or bowl lather Taboo will not let you down. I bowl lather and I was able to create a mound of it with little effort. During the lather, the scent has increased as well. As soon as I applied the rich creamy lather it worked right into my beard. The slickness and glide was great offering up the ability to go over trouble spots many times without irritation. The post shave feel was fantastic but my only regret was I had not created the aftershave yet because I was still waiting for the perfumer’s alcohol to come in. A side note – You can only purchase 5 gallons a year of perfumer’s alcohol without a license.
So, I had a great shave with Taboo and despite the lack of an aftershave I’m proud of this creation. Please take a look at my entire line of shaving soaps and aftershave we have something for everyone.

Company: Wet The Face
Product: Taboo $12.95
[url]Website: http://wettheface.com[/url]
Attachments
Taboo.png
Taboo.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2137 times
brothers

Re: Wet The Face / Taboo

Post by brothers »

Is the fragrance similar to, or influenced by, the widely sold Tabu by Dana since the 1930s?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
WetTheFace

Re: Wet The Face / Taboo

Post by WetTheFace »

you would think so but sorry this is not the case it's original