Phoenix Injector Razor for $18 (copy of Schick Type L)

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Phoenix Injector Razor for $18 (copy of Schick Type L)

Post by Pauldog »

https://phoenixartisanaccoutrements.com ... -a-classic

They didn't know if it's the same as the Chinese knockoff "Shave Classic" injector that has quality problems. I would hope that they would be better at screening their offerings than that.

Has anyone tried this razor yet? It went out of stock and back in over the last week or two.
brothers

Re: Phoenix Injector Razor for $18 (copy of Schick Type L)

Post by brothers »

Paul, the gent that owns PAA is on top of the important details and I believe he is a stickler for QC on the products he sells. I wouldn't hesitate to buy his stuff, and have never had a problem with his products.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

You confirmed my educated guess, based on the quality of the bakelite razors I got from Phoenix. If I didn't have so many Schicks (and a Gillette, Personna, and Pal injector), I would snap it up. I may get one anyway out of curiosity.
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Well, I went ahead and bought one, and I am not impressed with the quality. I think there's a good chance it's the Chinese clone. The lower part of the head - the part that holds the two blade stops - is too loose, and I have to check to make sure that the blade is seated correctly. I think that with just my fingers, I could yank that lower part right out.

The chrome plating on the head is a bit rough, too, and there's just a bit of jiggle where it's held by the plastic handle.

I'm going to return it without even trying to shave with it. There's a huge gulf between this one and their bakelite slant razors I tried.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Very disappointing news Paul. Hopefully your refund will be prompt.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

They already emailed me the return label. I don't think I'll have a problem with this.
brothers

Post by brothers »

They are one of the best in the business.
Gary