Bay Rum Shaving Soap Release with 20% Off

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
MensSoapCo

Bay Rum Shaving Soap Release with 20% Off

Post by MensSoapCo »

BAY RUM SHAVING SOAP IS HERE!

Use "HYNJX" at checkout for 20% discount, only good through Sunday (9/16).  Comes with 5 Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades.

FREE SHIPPING!

We are very excited to announce our new scent, Bay Rum, a new addition to our shaving soap lineup. To celebrate its release, we are giving 20% OFF on our website. Use code HYNJX at checkout to get the discount. Don't miss out, this code is only good for Friday through Sunday. Also, what do you guys think of the new package design? Looking forward to your feedback.

The irritation-free shaving soaps!
Shop Men's Soap Company - MensSoap.com
brothers

Re: Bay Rum Shaving Soap Release with 20% Off

Post by brothers »

Because you asked -- I think the new box design is quite attractive!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
MensSoapCo

Post by MensSoapCo »

Gary, thanks for your feedback. We love it and hope so will the community.

Omar
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I like the packaging, too!

My challenge when buying any kind of shaving soap is the issue of scent. I have become very sensitive to fragrances, as result of which I look for products scented with EO (especially citrus - I'm not very fond of lavender). I see that your Lavender and Everest soaps say they have lavender EO. Does that mean that the soaps with no mention of EO or FO are FO?

Thanks.

- Murray
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

EO is essential oil?

What is FO?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Fragrance oils are synthetics created in a lab and made to mimic other smells. Perfume chemistry. Normally the FO makers don't list the specific chemical compounds that are used, and some of those may be skin irritants or otherwise undesirable.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Now I get it. I would imagine that with FO's, people can develop sensitivity after a certain amount of exposure to similar chemicals.
MensSoapCo

Post by MensSoapCo »

Thanks for a great question, Murray. We don't like to reveal the blends, ratios, etc. However, they may be essential and/or blends of oils to get the desired scent. Because our soaps are made for sensitive skin first, we aggressively limit any ingredient that may cause irritation. For example, how does Himalaya smell like? There is no such smell. We have to make up an imagined scent blend that may not be 100% natural, but very close, as the fraction is so minuscule compared to the rest of the ingredients in the soap. We heavily test each soap before introducing it to the market.

That said, it's impossible to be 100% irritation free for everyone, but I think our tests are thorough enough that we can guarantee it or refund 100% no questions asked. I hope I was able to answer your questions or at least gave you more information on the concerns.

Best,
Omar
CMur12 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:14 pm I like the packaging, too!

My challenge when buying any kind of shaving soap is the issue of scent. I have become very sensitive to fragrances, as result of which I look for products scented with EO (especially citrus - I'm not very fond of lavender). I see that your Lavender and Everest soaps say they have lavender EO. Does that mean that the soaps with no mention of EO or FO are FO?

Thanks.

- Murray
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Omar, thanks for the reply.

I wasn't very clear in my statement. My problem with FO (fragrance oil) is that almost all forms of it burn my olfactory. My skin isn't sensitive to it, as far as I know (because I avoid it).

Some soap producers state in their product descriptions that EO, FO, or a combination of the two is used in a given product. This is the first thing I look for when contemplating a purchase.

When I decide to buy a new shaving soap or other scented product, I only purchase it if the product description makes clear that it is unscented or scented with EO (essential oil) only. If I'm left to wonder about the presence of FO, I don't make a purchase.

This is what I need to feel safe before I buy. I was just offering this as feedback from a potential customer and I wish your venture well.

- Murray
MensSoapCo

Post by MensSoapCo »

Ah, ok. Thank you for the feedback. You make a good case for us to reconsider that detail on our packaging.
CMur12 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 pm Omar, thanks for the reply.

I wasn't very clear in my statement. My problem with FO (fragrance oil) is that almost all forms of it burn my olfactory. My skin isn't sensitive to it, as far as I know (because I avoid it).

Some soap producers state in their product descriptions that EO, FO, or a combination of the two is used in a given product. This is the first thing I look for when contemplating a purchase.

When I decide to buy a new shaving soap or other scented product, I only purchase it if the product description makes clear that it is unscented or scented with EO (essential oil) only. If I'm left to wonder about the presence of FO, I don't make a purchase.

This is what I need to feel safe before I buy. I was just offering this as feedback from a potential customer and I wish your venture well.

- Murray