ShoeboxShaveClub

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
brothers

ShoeboxShaveClub

Post by brothers »

Here's a bit of SMF vendor history:
It looks like Giovanni has closed his store for good.

Post by GA Russell » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:30 pm

The inventory is still available for browsing, but Giovanni has posted on his board that he will not be re-opening his store.

http://members.boardhost.com/razorandbr ... 81803.html

One of that board's most frequent posters, Gary Glynn (aka Hyperwarp) has opened a website called The Shoebox Shaveshop. It appears that he will carry Giovanni's inventory.

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/

Gary's prices are a little higher than Giovanni's, but in the same range. Early customers say that his service is excellent.
Fast forward 10 years --- Unfortunately, Gary (aka Hyperwarp) passed away last year and his Shoebox Shaveshop has been dormant.

Now, a gentleman named Wade has inherited Gary's business and has recently re-opened his webstore under the name ShoeBoxShaveClub. I wish him well, and I trust he will successfully carry on in the spirit of Giovanni and Gary. Here's a link: http://www.ShoeboxshaveClub.com/

Also, I have taken the liberty of copying and pasting the email I received to inform me of this information. Here it is:

Greetings Shavers! I first wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wade and I am the new owner of Shoebox Shave Club. As some of you may know, Gary passed away last year. He was an amazing man and I know a lot of people miss him dearly. His humor will never be able to be matched. I hope I am able to run the business as well as he did. He has some big shoes to fill.

Over the past two months, I have re-designed the website to make it as user friendly as possible. The photos are high definition and the descriptions should give you a great idea of what the products are all about. We will also be incorporating a grooming section on the website over the next few weeks for the beard lovers out there as well. If you have any comments or questions about the site please let me know.
PS: I have no interest in this fellow's enterprise and I hope he will not be offended by my posting about it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
GA Russell

Re: ShoeboxShaveClub

Post by GA Russell »

RIP Gary! I was surprised and saddened to learn of his death.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, I got that email too.

Sad to hear of the events but hope the new venture goes well.

One thing I was disappointed to see is there are no Alpa products. I loved their Alpa Fougere and hope they will carry it again one day.

Chris
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Wade at Shoebox is offering 30% off sitewide. (My email does not mention an expiration date.)

Code: GiveMe30

He also has a Father's Day special for $70.00.

www.ShoeboxShaveClub.com
Fitness
Lijun badger
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

I received an email from Wade today, saying that everything is 25% off.

In addition, he now carries collectible knives.
Fitness
Lijun badger
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Today's email announced a sitewide 40% off sale.

It's "automatic," so I guess there is no code.
Fitness
Lijun badger
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

The guy is on a tear. I get many emails from them now whereas years ago I nearly nothing.

I hope it works out for him, seems he's a go-getter.

Chris