USPS snafu

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
brothers

USPS snafu

Post by brothers »

No biggie, but just the same, someone gave me a heads-up that Mike (Mike's Natural shaving soap) had one puck of Vetiver shaving soap in stock. I had been wishing I could score one, but it's as rare as hen's teeth so I bought it about a week ago. Mike shipped it to me on Monday, and the USPS tracking system told me that it was enroute and would be delivered yesterday April 4th. Well, the tracking system now says it's been delayed since it arrived in Detroit on Tuesday the 2nd. (Mike is in Ann Arbor) No news of movement since then. It's just amusing, I'm not complaining because I've only lost one single ($8.00) shaving related shipment in 10 years and scores of shipments all over the globe. It'll show up, or not. I already have too much soap. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Re: USPS snafu

Post by CMur12 »

Gary, of course we won't know what is happening until you get the package, but I have had situations in which all tracking notifications stopped until the package arrived at my local post office. Hopefully, you will get your package soon.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Murray, a similar thing happened a few months ago when our daughter's inlaws mailed a large package (cost them a lot to mail it) by priority mail and it wandered off and hid itself in some city in California (about a thousand miles from its original destination) and there it sat for about 2 weeks. Finally she called USPS customer service and two things happened 1. they said something like "don't worry, I'm sure it will show up". and 2. About 1 day later it showed up, having immediately departed California and straight to her home. Obviously the USPS rep got busy and notified the facility where the package was gathering dust to go get this package and ship it ASAP. Otherwise who knows how much longer it would have sat unnoticed in a corner of a warehouse somewhere. Again, everyone makes mistakes including me, more so than most other people, so I am not ragging on the mail service. USPS is staffed by humans thankfully, at least enough to realize when the artificial intelligence has made a boo-boo, and errors can be corrected within a reasonable time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

let us know when it finally arrives...i for one am looking forward to drone deliveries :D :D :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

I just realized I should have named my original post SRAW (Situation Reasonable, All's Well) instead of that other acronym which usually explains the mistakes I make! :shock:
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:41 am let us know when it finally arrives...i for one am looking forward to drone deliveries :D :D :D
One package at a time. That's going to be interesting! The size of that local drone is going to look like a Goodyear Blimp going up and down my block! :D Especially when we're ordering refrigerators and couches and dining room suites!
Sikorsky hauling house.jpg
Sikorsky hauling house.jpg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

:D :D :D :D :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

SRAW! 8) Now Mike's Vetiver is resting safe and sound in my little plastic bin. It's scheduled to be used sometime in November/December.
Gary