gillette toggle on ebay

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
mark the shoeshine boy

gillette toggle on ebay

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

check it out, the guy didn't label it correctly. I sent an e-mail to help him out before reynoldart gets it...

mark tssb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
Tye
Watch this space!

Re: gillette toggle on ebay

Post by Tye »

mark the shoeshine boy wrote:check it out, the guy didn't label it correctly. I sent an e-mail to help him out before reynoldart gets it...

mark tssb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
I've been watching this too. Looks like a nice razor. I see that 'He Who Shall Go Unnamed' has also bid on it. I hope someone gets it before it goes back up for bid starting at $500.00 (better than new, remanufactured at the antique Gillette razor factory, approved by the spirit of King Gillette at a seance held last night, etc.).
Contributing Member to the Cause
PaulSiegel

Post by PaulSiegel »

guys im not saying anything but...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Gillette-Ad ... dZViewItem

i think this a toggle...in fact i know it is! it's out of my price range i thought someone here could do something with it.
"There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled."

-Ovid
Troy

Post by Troy »

Can someone explain why the gillette toggle is such a desirable razor?

-Troy
The difference between theory and reality is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality, but in reality, there is.
--Anonymous
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Troy-san wrote:Can someone explain why the gillette toggle is such a desirable razor?

-Troy
Didn't Gillette only make the Toggle for a year or so? That would explain the rarity of them.
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Troy, the Toggle was produced only in 1960, so the supply is inherently limited. Right there is enough of a reason to make them collectible. However, some users also think they shave better, for whatever reason. I think they may be influenced by the chachet of the razor, but since I haven't used one, I really can't say.

Nathan
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

There seems to be a lot of Toggles on Ebay lately. The really collectable Toggles have the Blue presentation box and travel bag in the box. Hopefully by the time you read this post I will have won my SECOND collectable Toggle.

Ebay Item # 6608819329
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Congratulations Tony. That's a great looking razor.
javyn

Post by javyn »

Does the toggle shave any differently than a regular Fatboy?

Congrats on your auction, Tony. That looks like it is in SWEET condition.
John
kirkawall

Post by kirkawall »

...and a bargain. Imagine what it might have cost "better than new?"

http://tinyurl.com/okrje

k
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

Jesus, Kirk. That really takes the cake. Frankly, I think Tony got ripped off. I mean, here he went and spent $120 on a new Toggle, when for only twice the price, he could have gotten one that is 'better than new.'

Nathan
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

To answer the question about the Toggle shaving better than the Fat Boy 1-9. In my opinion it doesn't. This is my 3rd Toggle and I am not going to use it at all if it is really unused as advertised. I hope it is the real deal. My first presentation case Toggle was NEW. It had the plastic wrap on the case and the little cardboard razor blade in the head of the razor. I just had to try it and I shaved with it. I used that razor for about 6 shaves. One week. It didn't impress me being anything special in the shaving department. The Toggle is beautiful to look at and rare in the box like that. If I ever decide to sell mine I will send them to Rynoldsart and get them reconditioned so they are better than new. I will let everyone know if this razor is really unused.

To, Mark The Shoe Shine Boy. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT Robbing my mailbox is a FEDERAL offense. I have told the security guard at the mansion to be on the look out for the guy with the green face. :lol:
Go for the GOLD.

rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

tonyespo wrote:To answer the question about the Toggle shaving better than the Fat Boy 1-9. In my opinion it doesn't. This is my 3rd Toggle and I am not going to use it at all if it is really unused as advertised. I hope it is the real deal. My first presentation case Toggle was NEW. It had the plastic wrap on the case and the little cardboard razor blade in the head of the razor. I just had to try it and I shaved with it. I used that razor for about 6 shaves. One week. It didn't impress me being anything special in the shaving department. The Toggle is beautiful to look at and rare in the box like that. If I ever decide to sell mine I will send them to Rynoldsart and get them reconditioned so they are better than new. I will let everyone know if this razor is really unused.

To, Mark The Shoe Shine Boy. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT Robbing my mailbox is a FEDERAL offense. I have told the security guard at the mansion to be on the look out for the guy with the green face. :lol:
Tony...have I ever explained my past to you??? The feds? Ha ha ha ha ha! Rookies!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Maynard

Post by Maynard »

javyn wrote:Does the toggle shave any differently than a regular Fatboy?
The main difference is that the head of the toggle is substantially heavier than the head of the fat boy. I actually don't care for that--I don't find it helpful, but other people like the fact that more of the razor's weight is shifted toward the head.

Maynard
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

rtaylor61 wrote:
tonyespo wrote:To answer the question about the Toggle shaving better than the Fat Boy 1-9. In my opinion it doesn't. This is my 3rd Toggle and I am not going to use it at all if it is really unused as advertised. I hope it is the real deal. My first presentation case Toggle was NEW. It had the plastic wrap on the case and the little cardboard razor blade in the head of the razor. I just had to try it and I shaved with it. I used that razor for about 6 shaves. One week. It didn't impress me being anything special in the shaving department. The Toggle is beautiful to look at and rare in the box like that. If I ever decide to sell mine I will send them to Rynoldsart and get them reconditioned so they are better than new. I will let everyone know if this razor is really unused.

Tony...have I ever explained my past to you??? The feds? Ha ha ha ha ha! Rookies!Randy
Maybe I better double the security until the Toggle gets safely in the vault. :roll:
Go for the GOLD.

mark the shoeshine boy

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

tonyespo wrote:
rtaylor61 wrote:

Tony...have I ever explained my past to you??? The feds? Ha ha ha ha ha! Rookies!Randy
Maybe I better double the security until the Toggle gets safely in the vault. :roll:
rt and me...breaking there parole for one last heist....lol

mark tssb
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Was this a toggle? Bottom left of the photo, chrome finish?
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

Ichabod wrote:Was this a toggle? Bottom left of the photo, chrome finish?
OMG, it sure looks like a Toggle. I have never seen one in Chrome before. Look at that price. WOW, that is a great deal. I can't believe I didn't see that auction. ](*,) :cry:
Go for the GOLD.

ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

tonyespo wrote:
Ichabod wrote:Was this a toggle? Bottom left of the photo, chrome finish?
OMG, it sure looks like a Toggle. I have never seen one in Chrome before. Look at that price. WOW, that is a great deal. I can't believe I didn't see that auction. ](*,) :cry:
Silly me - I thought that was a toggle, but the rest of the stuff in the photos was a mystery to me, so I didn't bid. Rats.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
themba

Post by themba »

Does he ever sell any of this stuff?? If he does it must be to unsuspecting bidders. I know sellers mark their stuff up, but this is just ridiculous.