If you got a bad deal from a forum member and asked for $4

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
DEF

Post by DEF »

I'll just offer two quick points --

First, to back up a bit, I'd like to give a tip of the hat to Erik, who did indeed sweeten up the Gillette Fatboy purchase we conducted several weeks ago. He did me a service by introducing me to Baxters and Israelis, and threw in a pack of Merkurs to boot. (He also provided super fast delivery and gave me a good tip on what, judging from the results, is a great little digital camera.) Thanks again, Erik (and nice choice on the new screen name & avatar).

And as far as that goes, Joseph also kindly spotted me some Derbys on another recent Gillette purchase, and he went to the trouble to send me some pix and answer some questions before we closed the deal. Thanks for that, Joseph.

(I haven't done any deals with Hugo, just for disclosure.)

Second, to state the obvious, it's always an option to negotiate terms such as satisfaction and return contingencies up front. I've never actually thought to do that, but it probably wouldn't add more than 5 min. to the transaction process. Most of the time, hard feelings arise because of a situation that hasn't been anticipated in the contract (e.g., payment received but item damaged in shipping, which I've always wondered about).

I would just wish good luck to both parties for an amicable solution.
Doug
Heirphoto

Post by Heirphoto »

I am fairly new here and am maybe looking at this differently. For me at least on any trade or purchase both sides need to be happy or there is no deal. If I trade items for items I always agree that if the recipient is not happy the deal is off or we negotiate what works. If I sell an item, any iten, new used, etc..... I will take it back or make compensation.

Full, half full, $4 or $12 if the buyer is not happy then I need to make it right as the seller and ask the buyer what will work for him. If I am unhappy with a purchase I will mention my concrn privately and let the seller make the first offer. The few times this has happened over many years of trading the seller has always said "what will make it right" and we go from there.

I have only had a few transaction here but all have gone well and I expected no less from this fine group.

Tony Miller
The Heirloom Razor Strop Co.
www.thewellshavedgentleman.com
javyn

Post by javyn »

I was hesitant making my first purchase off of the forum here, but my fears were very quickly put to rest by the excellent experince I had. Now when I want something new, this is the first place I look. I just wanted to throw that out there for any newbies/lurkers.
John
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

One thing to remember when trading for used tubs, tubes, bottles, whatever. The percentage left is an approximation. Hopefully we all choose to err on the side of caution. But if I traded my tub of Avocado, I would say it 80% full. But that is only based on what it looked like when I got it. IF I traded it, the recepient would say it is 45-50%. But again, based on appearance, it was never 100% full. In fact, it was barely 50% full. But, weightwise, it was heavy. I don't believe we have any established, and hopefully, new members, who would intentionally try to rip off another person. But if I made a trade and was told I had mis-represented an item, I would immediately volunteer to reverse the trade, entirely at my expense. I believe my word of honor and integrity are worth more than a few dollars.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I think that we can all agree that this thread has run it's course. It's unfortunate that the older Taylors creams are not full tubs when bought new. Thus, it would seem that you do not get a full tub and when traded or sold they seem less than stated.

The new formulated tubs seem fuller. See this previous thread http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewto ... highlight= . I have bought about three tubs of Avocado in the past. Two of those purchases were for the older formulation. My last purchase was the new formulation as noted in the attached thread.

I think it's time to move on.
obsessis

Post by obsessis »

I would like to ask whoever is making fake email addresses to send me nasty emails to stop. If you had the power to ban me from the site you would've done it by now. If you really are an admin send me a PM if you've got a problem with me.

Thanks to those of you who sent me encouraging PM's about the matter. Enough people have told me to stop complaining so Austin is right, the thread has run its course.
joseph
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Austin wrote:
I think it's time to move on.
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

obsessis wrote:I would like to ask whoever is making fake email addresses to send me nasty emails to stop. If you had the power to ban me from the site you would've done it by now. If you really are an admin send me a PM if you've got a problem with me.
Reply to the person sending you the email. This is not the place to do that.
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again