Photos on SMF

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Photos on SMF

Post by drmoss_ca » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:19 am

No need to disturb your granddaughter, Gary. The composer's Attachments pane is unreliable in that it will cope with one image perfectly well, but if you add more it forgets the first and so on. It lets you do it, and it might even preview it OK, but the final post will be screwed up.

If you want to make a post with multiple images, they must reside elsewhere on the web and be linked. Then you just paste in the image address (URL) and place [img]URL.jpg[/img] tags around it. If you need somewhere to upload your images, there are free options. Your ISP probably offers you some web storage along with your connection, and it is easy to use ftp to place image files there, Or you can use a third party like Flickr or others.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace

brothers

Re: Photos on SMF

Post by brothers » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 am

I can do that! (That first sentence in your response is exactly what was happening.) Much obliged!

PS: I was able to delete the troublesome test photo that used to reside somewhere above here. (I went to the Attachments tab and clicked the Delete File button. Hmmm . . .)
Gary

SOTD 99%: 12 soaps & creams, SilkSmoke synthetic, General V2 by Colonial razors, Kai & Schick, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444 asb