Currency Converter

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
vinny1957

Currency Converter

Post by vinny1957 »

What do you think of an online curency converter or am I the only one who has to go and figure it out? Most private posts are USD, but when showing a price from a retailer many times it's in Euros. Anyone?
Vinny
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I use www.xe.com/ucc/ . It seems accurate for the most part.
tonyespo
The Goldfather

Post by tonyespo »

I also use XE.com I guess you could add a link to it on the site. I find XE super easy to use and accurate.
Tony Espo ( Lover of Knize )
Go for the GOLD.

Through my will power I dare to do what I want.
javyn

Post by javyn »

I use google for my conversions. type "X dollars in euros" or "X inches in cm" or whatever into the search box and wallah
John
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

If you are using Firefox for browsing, there's an Extension called Viewmycurrency which will do the exchange thing on any website you're looking at. It can handle just about any currency you wish and it updates itself every 8 hrs. I have mine set so that a Ctrl+Shift+C toggles it on and off and can either show your currency next to the original in the webpage or as in the new alpha version, I've set it to simply swap the price out with Cdn $. There's a little indicator on the bottom info bar in Firefox which shows if it's on or off. If you want the one that works with Firefox 2.0 you'll need to go to the softwares website and get the alpha version which seems to work ok, but some of the features still aren't right.

Regards

Christian.

As a side note, I also use XE sometimes but none of these exchange sites/software add in the "spread" that banks or credit card companies add for the service of exchange.
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.