Chat Schedule

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
verde
Ice Ice Baby

Chat Schedule

Post by verde »

I was just wondering if there is a scheduled time when everyone chats? If there is a planned day or time, or a common time when there is a good turnout in the chat room. I've been checking lately, but don't ever seem to see anyone else in the room.

Thanks
Mike
yoyology
Captain Yo

Re: Chat Schedule

Post by yoyology »

verde wrote:I was just wondering if there is a scheduled time when everyone chats? If there is a planned day or time, or a common time when there is a good turnout in the chat room. I've been checking lately, but don't ever seem to see anyone else in the room.

Thanks
Mike
It's not a frequently used feature. Sometimes guys will post and suggest a "meetup" time to get on and chat.
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
GregCavi

Post by GregCavi »

Chat usually does not function correctly so I think that is why it isn't widely used.

Greg
Rob

Post by Rob »

GregCavi wrote:Chat usually does not function correctly so I think that is why it isn't widely used.

Greg
I don't think that's the case at all. It works very well, actually. It's just that there's usually no one in the chat room.
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

And chat is no fun alone.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
GregCavi

Post by GregCavi »

For me, the chat always booted me out. It is a good time once the room is occupied though!

Greg
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
minderasr

Post by minderasr »

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it was the only one on topic.

I run a small IRC chat network (three public servers located in the US, France, and Sweden) and would like to offer it up as a possible alternative to the ICQ chat currently in place. Services include registered nicknames, channels, and virtual hosts.

If there is any interest send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to help get things rolling.
-= Jim =-

"If your knot flops and splays you are working it too hard."
Donatzsky

Post by Donatzsky »

minderasr wrote:Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but it was the only one on topic.

I run a small IRC chat network (three public servers located in the US, France, and Sweden) and would like to offer it up as a possible alternative to the ICQ chat currently in place. Services include registered nicknames, channels, and virtual hosts.

If there is any interest send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to help get things rolling.
Sounds like a good idea, and I believe that there are several web based clients available for those that don't want to/can't run a proper client.

Actually the ICQ chat is an IRC network. The server is irc.icq.com:6667
I'm usually idling there from around 18.00 until midnight GMT, but people tend to leave within a few minutes (often less) after logging on, so I never get a chance to reply. Example:

[00:59:59] * Penhaligon (Penhaligon@F39C529.47D4F50A.FCB0799B.IP) has joined #ShaveMyFace.com
[01:00:06] <Penhaligon> Any moderator online?
[01:00:46] <Penhaligon> Hellooooooooo?
[01:00:58] * Penhaligon has quit (Client exited)
[02:05:34] * Guest_583 (Guest@ED664E73.FE4C8FA8.2BDB2E54.IP) has joined #ShaveMyFace.com
[02:05:55] * Guest_583 has quit (Client exited)

I suggest you try XChat ( http://www.silverex.info ) if you want to use something other than the web client. It's quite easy to use, but feel free to PM me if you can't figure it out.
Here's a list of commands that you can use, if you like, once you are up and running (they might work with the web client also, but I'm not sure).
Nis
Je ne suis un homme sans fautes