Recent thread in S/T deleted...

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Recent thread in S/T deleted...

Post by nodaktim »

Can the mod/admin who deleted a thread within the last hour from hicabi(sp?), please let me know why? I posted in that thread informing hicabi that this was a discussion board and not a selling venue, but invited him to contribute in some of our discussions. I included a link to the Selling & Trading Forum Rules - Please Read thread. Instead of simply deleting the whole thread, would it not be more beneficial to do as Andrew (Austin) has been doing and edit the post that was not within the guidelines and post why? This way others will see the thread and better understand the rules as well as the member of the original 'inappropriate' post reading the rules and see that they were invited to contribute before trying to sell something. Instead the whole thread was deleted, including the invite.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Tim, the thread was deleted per the poster's request. He pm'd me and asked that it be deleted.

Andrew
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

Andrew,

Thank you for the explanation.

I was not trying to cause any problems with my inquiry, hopefully it did not come across to anyone that I was doing otherwise. I was just looking to see if there were any new posts in that thread and found it 'missing'.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain