Notification by email

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Notification by email

Post by qed-usa »

Vince -

I am no computer wizard so I am not certain I will be using the correct terminology though I am certain you'll understand my question. As you know, on the "other" board, as soon as a new posting is made, a notification is received through MSN Messenger. Can the ShaveMyFace forum be set-up with that same type notification? When I visit the the SMF forum I am not quite certain which categories have been added to since my last visit, so I have to go through all of them. Perhaps this notification feature already exists, and when I registered I didn't pick up on the feature ... especially if it is an elected one.

Charles
Q E D
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Charles-- If you look at your profile settings you'll see an email notification selection (near the bottom of the page). You can also select notification by individual topic (checkbox at the bottom of the message compose window). Unfortunately in both cases the email you get only says you have a posting to the topic and doesn't give you the actual message.

--Mark
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Charles,

I'll write up a quick guide on this topic later tonight. We can't do the MSN Messenger alerts but there are a couple of features on this board to make your life easier.

I'm at work right now but will be online later tonight.

Vince
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Charles,

I got side-tracked..there might be away to modify the forum to support "forum subscriptions". What this means is one would be able to turn on alerts for say the "Shaving Creams and Hard Soaps" forum. Anytime a post gets made a copy will be emailed to the address on file in your profile!

I'll need some time to evalutate that solution, code it, test it, and then launch it.

I'll update this thread again once I've done more home work.
:::Vince:::