Smiley's

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
ARenaissanceMan

Smiley's

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Me again. I was wondering if it was possible to get use of some more smiley faces. On some of the other forums I frequent they have some really neat ones like crying, swinging around a pole, rolling around laughing, and a bunch of others. Just a suggestion of course.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

You just have to know where to look! ](*,) :idea: :roll: :twisted: :shock: :-s \:D/

...though they may not all be the same ones.
ARenaissanceMan

notthesharpest wrote:You just have to know where to look! ](*,) :idea: :roll: :twisted: :shock: :-s \:D/

...though they may not all be the same ones.
Oh I know about the extra one under the view more link. I'm talking about stuff I don't see on here. Some of them are really cool, like one shooting a gun, and another that throws up. Well its neat to look at anyways.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Oh. :oops:
ARenaissanceMan

I took a screen cap of the smilies page from one of my forums. Of course its missing the animation but its the best I could do. Here's a link

JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Clark,
Thanks for your suggestion about more smileys. Short answer? not just yet. Long term answer? It is being looked at. This is not as simple as it sounds; for instance, after looking at the screen capture, many of the smileys listed would create copyright and licensing infringement issues for our site that we wish to avoid, and others, to me at least, could be construed as somewhat adolescent in nature, or in poor taste. This, as you of course understand, is preferable to avoid.
So in the mean time, thanks for your suggestion, it has been taken for consideration. That is what we're here for.

John P.
ARenaissanceMan

I'd as soon do without the Simpons' ones as well. I was mostly talking about the other animated smiles like we have already. A few may be childish but many are actually pretty funny once you see them in action.
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Clark,
No problem. Some of them are pretty amusing, for sure.
John P.
ARenaissanceMan

I found another that might be helpful. These actually show the animation and I don't think that there are too many violations of the law in this batch.

http://www.menessentials.com/community/ ... de=smilies
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Clark,
I've copied this to all the other mods/admins so they can decide what to do. Perhaps yes, perhaps no, but it is again up for discussion.
John P.
ARenaissanceMan

JohnP wrote:Clark,
I've copied this to all the other mods/admins so they can decide what to do. Perhaps yes, perhaps no, but it is again up for discussion.
John P.
Of course. I don't expect anything. Just thought this might be more visually appealing than the still pic I gave last time.
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Excellent. its being talked about right now, perhaps we'll add a few (I'm not against it) but its up in the air for the moment
John P
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

clarkkent333 wrote:
JohnP wrote:Clark,
John P.
Of course. I don't expect anything. Just thought this might be more visually appealing than the still pic I gave last time.
We're all for "visually appealng still pics" I just request that they include Rachel Stevens, Shakira, or Vida Guerra ;)
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Chris, you like fiery latin women too! :lol:
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Austin wrote:Chris, you like fiery latin women too! :lol:
Most definitely!
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

Clark,
Vince is looking at some and will let us know within the week.
v/r
John P
ARenaissanceMan

Vundabar :D