PM's

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

PM's

Post by Racso_MS »

Not realizing I had so many PM's in my boxes, I decided to clean (delete)the one's I no longer needed to reference. Which was damn near all of them. When I started purging them I discovered that many and I mean a bunch of them were double's as if I had sent or received double PM's.

What could have caused this to happen?
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
paperpundit

Post by paperpundit »

Big thumbs!

Sorry, bud, couldn't resist...
Jack

"All you need is love, love...love is all you need."
Hodari D.

Post by Hodari D. »

Similar problem. Today I received a private message in triplicate. In addition, these pms were not received in my email but subsequent pms (of which only one was received) were acknowledged in my email. EERIE...
Best,
Scott
JuniorNA

Post by JuniorNA »

Happens all the time. I run a few forums, and people are too lazy to click on

"forum index" which is on the top left...so they click the back button

and in PHP script, they are reprocessing a code, which essentially is sending you the same PM again.

samething happens when double posts are created, they hit back button by mistake, and it double posts.

Joe
JuniorNA

Post by JuniorNA »

Hodari D. wrote:Similar problem. Today I received a private message in triplicate. In addition, these pms were not received in my email but subsequent pms (of which only one was received) were acknowledged in my email. EERIE...
Email notification is a low priority with a SQL based PHP forum. Since PHPBB is open source, and is essentially free, it can be used on any open web space that supports it. By default, email notifications are low, so if the SQL processor is busying running other items "searches, posts, modifications from moderators, stickies, and accepting logins and new registrations", some times the notifications go so low in the queue in terms of importance, and it sends out at a later time.

Sometimes you'll get an email saying someone replied to your post an hour later, 2 days later, or if the server is not busy, you'll get it a second later.

Joe