Using Search

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
mhorowit

Using Search

Post by mhorowit »

A query on 'shaves per blade' retrieved over 10,000 replies. If the message contained those key words or the phrase, they were highlite, but there were a lot of messages that were extraneous. Is there a trick to using the search function to get narrower results? - MikeH
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Searching for shaves and per and blade returned 186 matches. Also click "search for all terms".
Richard
salbev
Mr. Fidelity

Post by salbev »

when i stumbled onto the 'search all terms' option...it was a very happy day. before that i couldn't figure out how anyone was getting results using the search function. 10,000 here. 4,000 there. and then 'search all terms' put things in order and i could begin a long study of some really fine and informative posts regarding traditional shaving and also some other neat things to know as well.

pretty much everything has been answered and answered very well. knowing what to search for as questions come up for beginners is the secret, in addition to using the 'search all terms' option, of course!
mhorowit

Post by mhorowit »

Thank you gentlemen! - MikeH