Format: Screen too wide after Page 1 on Multi-Page Posts

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
GregPQ

Format: Screen too wide after Page 1 on Multi-Page Posts

Post by GregPQ »

I have noticed that whenever I advance to page 2+ on a multi-page post, then the text is "too wide". In other words, I can't view the whole post unless I use the horizontal scroll bar.

This isn't a problem with the first page of a post.

I can't remember if this has always been the case, but it's starting to drive me nuts!

Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Yep, same problem here from time to time. It is a real nuisance when you're trying to read someone's words of wisdom but keep having to scroll back and forth. I think it may have something to do with photographs and their size. For instance, if someone posts a really wide photo on that particular page, then it will effect the whole thread by forcing the margins to alter. I'm not certain on this though.
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

I'm having the same problems and I'm glad somebody else has noticed this.

Gareth, your explanation seems to make very good sense as it is an intermittent problem.

Thanks,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

The only way I've gotten around this is by reducing my image zoom toolbar setting (I use Firefox) down to 50%. So I think it does have something with photos. I have the same problem when viewing with Internet Explorer.

Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

It happens when a poster includes a photo that is wider than your window; text can be wrapped, but not the photo, and since the latter sets the window width, the text goes to that width too. The moral is, make your photos 900 pixels wide before posting them!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

drmoss_ca wrote:The moral is, make your photos 900 pixels wide before posting them!
You heard it from the boss, all you selfish posters out there! [-X
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

drmoss_ca wrote:It happens when a poster includes a photo that is wider than your window; text can be wrapped, but not the photo...
A ridiculously long URL link in a post will also mung up the window width for the entire page.
~Greg