Viewing new posts

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
southpaw

Viewing new posts

Post by southpaw »

A bit of explanation first. Sometimes when I'm on the net, I'll log in to SMF and use the wonderful "View posts since last visit" feature and then click "Mark all forums read." This works great - no problems.

IF I stay logged in to SMF (and who wouldn't want to, right :wink: ), the "View posts since last visit" will give me the new posts that are added after I clicked "Mark all forums read," but it still gives me the prior ones too.

Is there or can there be a way to just get the new posts or do I just have to remember the date stamp of the last post I viewed and do it manually?
Blessings,
Michael
i_shaved_something

Post by i_shaved_something »

Michael,
An unelegant solution, but I just close the browser and launch a new one. I have SMF bookmarked so just go back to it that way. You'll still be logged in, and when you click 'view posts since last visit', it will only show you the new ones instead of the older ones as well. Only solution I've found so far, maybe there's a better way though.
Rob