Missing signature block

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Leisureguy

Missing signature block

Post by Leisureguy »

This is weird---I posted an entry this morning, and the signature block didn't appear. I did check my profile, and it looks okay. Any idea what might have happened?

PS: Hmm. I notice that the signature appears on this post, so maybe it was just a blip. The one without the signature is this one.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Below the text box in which you compose your message are several buttons. You had the 'Add signature' button unchecked. I have checked it for you and the signature now shows.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

Aha. Software: it does what you tell it to, and that's the problem. :)

Many thanks.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

That's what I'm always telling my wife when she complains that something has gone wrong: computers only do what you tell them to do. Unfortunately, she understands me exactly, and hates it when I have said it.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Occam

Post by Occam »

Michael I chuckle when I see your signature with the link to your book...

I can't help but think that "Gourmet Shaving" means -- how to get the best shaved ham :)

[The term gourmet is strongly (even exclusively) linked to food so there is a strong dissonance and even absurdity in case you were wondering... but maybe it is a witty reference to your surname... ie. shaved Ham :D in which case it is strangely clever.]
Ben

Merkur Futur in Au.
Occam

Post by Occam »

Michael I chuckle when I see your signature with the link to your book...

I can't help but think that "Gourmet Shaving" means -- how to get the best shaved ham :)

[The term gourmet is strongly (even exclusively) linked to food so there is a strong dissonance and even absurdity in case you were wondering... but maybe it is a witty reference to your surname... ie. shaved Ham :D in which case it is strangely clever.]
Ben

Merkur Futur in Au.