RSS Feed

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
infotech

RSS - Really Simple Syndicatin

Post by infotech »

IMO (which isn't worth much) I think RSS could increase traffic to Shave My Face. I check a lot of forums and websites using Google Reader and also subscriptinos to posts that I make at various forums. Those are two methods of keeping up with forums that SMF is lacking that would be really nice to have. I'm glad to hear an RSS feed is in the future

I understand that taking care of a forum is a very time consuming ordeal and appreciate all the work the moderators and Vince do to keep it running. To me it is the best shaving related forum on the web.

Here's a wiki article about RSS. It's a great way to keep up with you favorite sites. An example in the shaving world is Em's Place who has one to keep people updated on her products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

RSS is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format.
James
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

The biggest issue about donations to the site is Vince's reluctance to accept them. We are working on him.

Yes, the women returned to Tatamagouche, though how many will end up divorced when the series is all broadcast remains to be seen.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Sue
Vendor

Post by Sue »

ssilcox wrote:
hookem11 wrote:
drmoss_ca wrote: More importantly for us, the only income SMF gets is from people visiting the site and clicking on the Google ads.

Chris
This would seem a good point to again raise the issue of voluntary donations to SMF. With the number and quality of members we have and their loyalty to the site we could easily afford whatever we want/need and it seems patently unfair for Vince to have to foot the bill alone for something we all enjoy so much

Also, Chris Have the women returned to Tatamagouche?
I would gladly send a voluntary donation. And I am sure there are many, many others that would also.
Yes. Sue