instant email notification and full message

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

instant email notification and full message

Post by Sam »

i am getting email notifications at straightrazorplace, but what is nice about theirs is that the whole reply to one of my posts is contained in the email, not just a notice that there is a reply. this is handy because i can read replies when i am at someone else's computer or do not have time to log into the site.

sam
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

And what's wrong with loggin onto the site!!! :-P

I'm kidding...I will look into this feature when I get a chance. Hopefully by this weekend.

Vince
:::Vince:::
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

I get enough stuff in my Inbox now! :lol:

I like it the way it ... just one clik and you're on the message anyway.

Maybe make it an option in the "Preferences" section?

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

my message does not light up, so i have to cut and paste it into my browser.

sam
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

ohhhhhhhhhhh... :lol:

That would be a PITA Sam, I see why you want the message in your inbox then.

It would be nice if Vince can make it an "Option" in the Preferences section, though... then we could turn it on or off.

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
Achtung

delting post

Post by Achtung »

chris has been delting my post and it is not right freedom of speech says this i so and he cant delt my post or anyones post dictator chris :x
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Re: delting post

Post by Chris »

Achtung wrote:chris has been delting my post and it is not right freedom of speech says this i so and he cant delt my post or anyones post dictator chris :x
I'm not a dictator quite yet. I think I'm a despot. Isn't that the rank before dictator?
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Bastida
Our friend from Spain

Post by Bastida »

Whoa, wasn't this forum supposed to be in English?

Achtung, me not likey what you say. Cannot undestand what you thinks.

(I'm being generous again, because it's inconceivable that what happens inside your head can be qualified as thinking).

Regards,
Bastida.
Virtus Omnia Vincit
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

achtung: if your posts have been deleted, it is something along the line along violating decorum. remember, you are a guest here, and you do not have to remain here if you do not wish. we like to be gentlemen, and gentlemen do not go around asserting the rights, in fact, they take personal responsibility seriously and would err on the side of caution and not say anything untoward or anything that could be construed as demeaning or dare we say, controversial.

you are welcome to post and we do at times disagree. we do try to avoid personal attacks and if brought to our attention, or if we see it ourselves, a number of moderators will take action. we try to encourage this by sending private messages, but on occassion, we have to delete posts and take the ultimate step of banning someone. this is usually discussed by us in the moderators forum and if anything, we can be called guilty of slow action. whilst we try to be understanding and all-inclusive, your membership here is voluntary, and if you feel slightly, you are free to populate us with your absence. but you are just that, a guest, and if your welcome is overstayed, please keep in mind that we will be showing you the door.

that said, let us all forget what has happened and see if we can not go from here with a better, cleaner slate.

sam, moderator of Off Topic