Quickpost

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
corporalgator

Quickpost

Post by corporalgator »

I see this on a lot of other similar forums where you can post in a small box at the bottom without the extra options when you just want to type in a small message and then hit a button to reply.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Unless you have a very slow connection, it doesn't really matter - does it?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

The forum software doesn't allow this as far as I know, although they could be some sort of plugin. What I appreciate most about SMF is the simplistic and uncluttered approach. I've seen some forum software that has so much going on, a box for this, box for that, huge sidebars. Too distracting.
Richard
corporalgator

Post by corporalgator »

Doesn't really, matter, but I see it on a lot of other boards using similar software, and frankly, I'm lazy :P
brothers

Post by brothers »

I don't use it even when it is available, because, and no offense to the OP, but it seems like something intended to accommodate or encourage a fondness for pseudo quickness that is non-existent, and I see no gain it using it. There's nothing "quicker" about it, that I can tell.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444