Serious Spam attacks

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
JimR

Serious Spam attacks

Post by JimR »

There are some direct spam messages popping up in the forums. One in the "General" forum with just nonsense and one in the "Safety Razors and Blades" Forum titled "Cool Video Blog."
I would image it is safe to say, DON'T ANYONE click on those links...
Might this be linked to the hacking?
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Re: Serious Spam attacks

Post by VinceFX »

JimR wrote:There are some direct spam messages popping up in the forums. One in the "General" forum with just nonsense and one in the "Safety Razors and Blades" Forum titled "Cool Video Blog."
I would image it is safe to say, DON'T ANYONE click on those links...
Might this be linked to the hacking?
Ugh...this is a new issue related to the patching of the forum. I used to have a photo-captcha security measure in place that prevent bots from registering. I will need to set that up again and re-configure it. Once that is in place the spam attacks should stop.

More info to come....

Vince
:::Vince:::
crunchy

Post by crunchy »

Vince,

Thanks for your hard work in keeping the forum clean! I'm sure these recent issues were not on your schedule to have to deal with.

Just wanted to say thanks!
Southern Gentleman with 6 kids, and loving every minute of it!
JimR

Post by JimR »

Indeed, thank you. We do all appreciate it very much.
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Vince,

Thanks for the marvelous work in getting SMF back in order. You work as the "main" guy on SMF is a thankless one and most of us take you for granted. We expect the forum to just be there any time of day or night when we want to read and discuss wet shaving.

Most times it is there for us thanks to you and the other mods who also spend a lot of time monitoring the forums for which they are responsible.

I can't say how happy I am to have things back in order at SMF. This is in my opinion the #1 shaving site on the web. All thanks to a bunch of guys we take for granted, you and the mods.

All of you have a great Thanksgiving.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum