Site down for a few days

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Home again, home again... jiggedy jiggs. Good evening everyone, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. Thanks Vince for having the forum back online again.
Regards,
Jani
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Many thanks for your efforts Vince!

I missed this place!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
Zach

Post by Zach »

gr_elias wrote:Zach I have EXACTLY the same feelings!
Of course you do; you and I have a genetic predisposition that affords us a general intolerance of Μαλακίες and their like.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Zach wrote:Μαλακίες
I love learning new words! Especially such useful ones!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Zach

Post by Zach »

Greek is an amazing language; there are far fewer words in Greek than in English, but you can say much more with far less.
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Vince, I'm in .edu IT, and we have two weeks off -- thanks for your free overtime so I have something to do on my Winter Break! :7)

- Will
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Zach wrote:Greek is an amazing language; there are far fewer words in Greek than in English, but you can say much more with far less.
Don't tell me there is a fellow Greek in here.!?
Regards,
Jani
brothers

Post by brothers »

Vince, this is a good place. I guess what makes it so is the ability to talk with other guys about a subject that is of daily importance to every man who shaves, but we don't even realize it, until we start reading what other guys say. We don't get to talk about shaving much in the normal routine, so we plow along forever with whatever's on the grocery store shelves and don't realilze there's more to it, and it can be a pleasant routine.

Those of us who read and post here are addicted to the commonality of the subject, and the open, courteous flow of advice and information.

When it was down, I had a feeling that something had gone kaput, and that someone (you) was deep into fixing the problem. After a couple of days, I admit I was starting to worry.

Please add my sincere "thank you" to the long list. I appreciate what you've done, and your continuing efforts to keep us going.

Best wishes.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
bavi

Post by bavi »

Thank You. missed the site aswell
Hello
Zach

Post by Zach »

Aztecface wrote:
Zach wrote:Greek is an amazing language; there are far fewer words in Greek than in English, but you can say much more with far less.
Greeks, plural; Elias and I both; don't tell me there are Greeks in Sweden?!
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Zach wrote:
Aztecface wrote:
Greeks, plural; Elias and I both; don't tell me there are Greeks in Sweden?!
Macedonian Greeks even.
Regards,
Jani
Zach

Post by Zach »

Is your name Greek?
Mine is Ζαχαρίας, and I was born in Σπάρτη
(not too much Greek for the rest of the forum, you can figure it out, right?)
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

But I'm Ζαχαρίας!

Chris
sorry
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

No, no, Chris -- you remember, it's "I am Spartacus!"
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Zach wrote:Is your name Greek?
Mine is Ζαχαρίας, and I was born in Σπάρτη
(not too much Greek for the rest of the forum, you can figure it out, right?)
Zach, it would depend on how you would spell. My parents chose to spell it "Jani", while my relatives choose to spell it "Ioanni" or "Janaki".

Edit: Clearly our ancestry is from different parts of Greece but still... after all, either a Macedon or a Spartan.
Regards,
Jani
Zach

Post by Zach »

Aztecface wrote:Clearly our ancestry is from different parts of Greece but still... after all, either a Macedon or a Spartan.
It's good to meet you αδελφέ

Some spell it Yanni in English, or more likely, just use John and lose the ethnicity in English; I certainly don't want to be called Zacharias, like it says on my naturalization papers and on my drivers license; I have a hard enough time getting people to spell my last name.

The Spartans and the Macedonians are both Heracleidae (Dorian Greeks) and direct descendants of Heracles himself.
What you say is true; either one or the other.
Το αίμα δεν γίνεται νερό.