Reporting spam or worse.

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
brothers

Reporting spam or worse.

Post by brothers »

Saturday spam. Stupidly, I clicked on the link. The link I clicked on was Jordan Shoes. Looks like they've posted elsewhere on SMF at least a dozen times or more since yesterday.

-----Original Message-----
From: forumadmin@shavemyface.com [mailto:forumadmin@shavemyface.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 9:02 AM
To: Undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Topic Reply Notification - SOTD Oct 27 thru Nov 2 2008

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "SOTD Oct 27 thru Nov 2 2008" at shavemyface.com. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewto ... 769#397769

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewto ... atch=topic

--
The ShaveMyFace.com Team
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Zach

Post by Zach »

Gary, this doesn't look like spam, it looks like you subscribed to reply notifications; under Profile:

Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Thank you - I had already edited all the spammer's posts and deleted his account, but I appreciate the warning. Do keep reporting spam posts and they will be sanitised.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Zach wrote:Gary, this doesn't look like spam, it looks like you subscribed to reply notifications; under Profile:

Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.
It was spam. The email was legit, of course, because I did subscribe to the thread. The spam showed up as a recent post under SOTD, and had a link to Jordan Shoes, or some such nonsense, and was promptly dealt with by the administrators.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Zach

Post by Zach »

Thanks Gary; I guess the good doctor cleaned it up before I tried your link
Janus

Post by Janus »

Now there seems to be something dodgy going on in the Safety razors & Blades forum. New user "weose33" appears to be spamming.
Janus
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Account deleted and four out of five posts found and deleted. If you find the fifth, tell me or any mod and it will be deleted too.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Janus

Post by Janus »

It's in the "Wilkinson sword DE" thread in the Safety razor forum.
Janus
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Thank you, Janus. I see that Richard deleted it before I got there, which means that he will be the one phoning you and singing Monty Python's "Finland" as a reward.

Chris
Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album
Arista 0-7822-18343-2
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Janus

Post by Janus »

'I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay' would be equally appreciated, me being from The Big North and all. :D
Janus
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Well he's a lumberjack, so that's OK!

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Janus

Post by Janus »

He is? Like his dear Mama? Well, that's refreshing to hear, I thought none of us here do any honest work for a living. That we are all softies working in an office. :lol:
Janus