Members who have found the clearing at the end of the path

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
JimR

Members who have found the clearing at the end of the path

Post by JimR »

I'm just curious...How does one know when a member has been shown the door? And...more interestingly...how does one track down the thread where it happened? :D

I slow down to look at car accidents, too. :twisted:
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Now, Jim, that's a bold question. Generally, the reasons for a member's banishment can be found within the posting guidelines. Ex-members are described by our software as 'Guest' and their names no longer link to an account if it has been deleted. There is not usually one thread involved, except in the case of spammers, but more a pattern of repetitive misbehaviour, interspersed with ignored warnings, culminating in the realisation among the moderators and admins that a member is irredeemable and has no interest in learning to fit in.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Baloosh

Post by Baloosh »

Jim, looks like this one might have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's (Kaveh's?) back:

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewto ... ht=#404450

No idea what the original content of his post was.
Jason

Post by JimR »

Ahhh, forgive me. I am merely possessed of a scientific interest in the observation of inalterable natural forces, like the gravitational pull of a black hole or the approach of the ban hammer.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm sure a picture of some sort :wink:
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."