How do I view a list of my subscribed threads?

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Mer

How do I view a list of my subscribed threads?

Post by Mer »

Hi,

How/where do I view a list of my subscribed threads?

It's probably sitting right in front of my face but I can't find it.

Thanks,

Eric
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I don't know the answer to that, so it probably isn't an available option.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Gene

Post by Gene »

Eric...What do you mean by "subscribed" threads? Do you want to view threads you have started yourself, or replied to? That you do in the search function, under "Search for Author".

Beyond that I don't know either.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Mer

Post by Mer »

When you post/start a thread you have the option below to check the box, "Notify me when a reply is posted". This is a "subscription" to the thread. Also at the bottom of every thread page is a link, "Watch this topic for replies". This is also a subscription even if you haven't posted in the specific thread. There's usually a place in every board that lists all of your subscriptions so it's easy to find those threads.
Gene

Post by Gene »

Well, I did know that. I didn't realize there could be a way of tracking threads that way. I see several ways to mark a thread for tracking, but nothing for listing all subscribed threads. Usually you get an Emal notification on a new message posting. this would be pretty nice.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Mer

Post by Mer »

Looks like the latest free version of phpBB forum software has these features. Maybe it's as simple as an upgrade.

Eric
SiR-ed8

Post by SiR-ed8 »

Gene wrote:Well, I did know that. I didn't realize there could be a way of tracking threads that way. I see several ways to mark a thread for tracking, but nothing for listing all subscribed threads. Usually you get an Emal notification on a new message posting. this would be pretty nice.
I'm not trying to step on anyone toes here. But it's a small inconvenience to have to mark it to notify via e-mail when you are perusing several threads and posted to XXX threads. If you only respond to 1-2 threads a month it may come easy to remember or not.

Typically zeroforum or VBulletin has that feature to automatically subscribe to a thread.

The only other recourse is for one to create a folder outside of SMF and bookmark every thread which is another minor inconvenience.