Outbox

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
BeatlesFan

Outbox

Post by BeatlesFan »

I've been trying to send a PM, but it seems to be stuck in my Outbox. I tried it a second time. No cigar. It never shows up as a "Sent" item, and so I don't think it went through (plus, I haven't had a response).

So what's up with that? Can I do anything to get my message delivered? Am I doing something wrong? This has happened a couple of times. I don't know why.

Any advice or explanation appreciated. Thanks!
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

It means the person has never read your message.
WHY he never read it could be anything, including he may be away, he ignored it, or something is broken.

Even if he goes and views his mailbox, unless he clicks directly on your message, it doesn't leave your outbox.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

If the recipient has chosen the option to get the PM sent to his (or her) email, it can be read in email form and never appear to have been read because it will still sit in the outbox.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

ichabod wrote:If the recipient has chosen the option to get the PM sent to his (or her) email, it can be read in email form and never appear to have been read because it will still sit in the outbox.
I had no idea. Thanks for that clarification.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Problem solved, I'm the guy he was trying to reach.
Regards,
Squire