"List" and "List="

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
a-cut-above

"List" and "List="

Post by a-cut-above »

Would someone explain the "List" and "List=" functions? What is the difference and how do you use them?
Thanks.
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
giammi

Post by giammi »

Maybe you are not keeping a correct angle all the time.
Giammi

Camminare sul filo del rasoio
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

These are functions you can use while making a post, along with Quote and Code and so on.

I just tried them out, and I don't get how they work either. I think they SHOULD give you, respectively, an indented list and an indented list with every item numbered.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Above my pay grade, I still write with a fountain pen.
Regards,
Squire
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

After exhaustive testing, I've found that the difference is that List works and List= is not operational.

Here is a list of razors. I wrote them one per line, highlighted the group, and then clicked on the List button.
  • Merkur
    Gillette
    Parker
    Weishi
The effect was to skip two lines and indent. As notthesharpest already said, I suspect List= is to create an indented, numbered list <ol></ol> but it doesn't seem to be working.

I also use a fountain pen.
Ed
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Squire wrote:Above my pay grade, I still write with a fountain pen.
So do I. I love the Waterman and Parkers I have but they skip when I try to use them on the screen.
Dave

"Sanity is a madness put to good use." - George Santayana (…like a wet shaver with an acquisition disorder.)
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

I use a scrap of charcoal from the fire. For precision work, I bite the corners off my charcoal to form a point. :lol:

But I like my fountain pen too. 8)
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

I was given a fountain pen once; it didn't do too well on my clay tablets.

John P.
a-cut-above

Post by a-cut-above »

Charcoal works extrememly well on clay tablets........and I am still annoyed that one can't read email messages written on the screen with a fountain pen. Is it because the ink skips?
Dave

notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

a-cut-above wrote:Charcoal works extrememly well on clay tablets........and I am still annoyed that one can't read email messages written on the screen with a fountain pen. Is it because the ink skips?
Yes, it's the water-based ink. Use a wax crayon. (Or the charcoal.)