Forum graphics look strange

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Forum graphics look strange

Post by notthesharpest »

Hi
I'm using Firefox on Linux. It's quite possible that my browser is at fault here and not the site.

The site's small graphic items (e.g. smilies, new-post indicators, button borders) look different than they used to, and definitely not in a good way. The new-post indicators in the list of posts flicker in an irritating way instead of flashing, and they and all the other above-mentioned items look very rough around the edges, especially noticeable in the curved parts - as if (pardon my lack of technical knowledge) some graphics smoothing routine was turned off - all the round smilies for instance have four corners and irregular shapes.

I am not having this problem on any other sites, but then I don't think I visit phpBB boards often, except for (obviously) this one. :)
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I don't know but maybe others can chime in?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Im on dialup, bootleg version of the OLD XP and my security program has 4 virus infections detected it couldn't delete on this morning's sweep :cry:
My graphics are fine, damned deux exs machina :lol:
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

No problem with my graphics (XP, Opera, gif animation turned off).

NTS: Site-specific issue is strange. FF just released an update to the Windows platform. I don't know if there's a Linux release. Then there's always the virus check. That's all I've got.

KAV: I use Comodo as my primary AV/Firewall and also run Spybot and Glary Utilities once a week or so. AVG is also good. All within my budget (free).
Ed
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

OK, I've checked and everything looks normal in Opera.

I don't know what I've done wrong, but I guess I'll find out later.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Hmph. Sorry guys.

Part of the problem was I had a non-standard zoom level accidentally set for some (or all?) pages. When I revert the zoom to normal, all the curved graphics look fine again. I'll look into the disordered flashing another day.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

notthesharpest wrote:Hmph. Sorry guys.

Part of the problem was I had a non-standard zoom level accidentally set for some (or all?) pages. When I revert the zoom to normal, all the curved graphics look fine again. I'll look into the disordered flashing another day.
...somebody be needin' some glasses...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Blue As A Jewel wrote:
notthesharpest wrote:Hmph. Sorry guys.

...somebody be needin' some glasses...
Nope. Somebody (me) just be needin' to grab a brain. :)
The zoom was set at maybe plus five percent, probably by an accidental keypress.