Thought I Had Lost My SMF Connection

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
jww
Woolly Bully

Thought I Had Lost My SMF Connection

Post by jww »

So -- the past couple of days I have migrated over to gmail. Even though I can manage multiple email accounts, I wanted to change me email on a few of the forums which I frequent.

I went through the process for SMF - then horror or horrors, I couldn't log back in!!! :shock:

There was some kind of message that said I would get some kind of message - but for a few minutes I was pretty worried that I had been cut off from this community. I even sent an email to Kav - the first moderator I found with an email link.

I can tell you - some pretty tense moments here for me today -- all is now good, so I will be able to rest easy tonight. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Wendell, you might want to read the sticky in this forum just above this post...

Sam must have re-activated you as it was already done when I saw the e-mail saying your account had died.

KAV, by the way, exalted as he is, is not a mod!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:Wendell, you might want to read the sticky in this forum just above this post...

Sam must have re-activated you as it was already done when I saw the e-mail saying your account had died.

KAV, by the way, exalted as he is, is not a mod!

Chris
Thanks Chris -- I realized Kav wasn't a mod after I posted -- he happened to be the only user with an email link that I could find quickly as a guest and reach out to. :oops:

My problem was that I went ahead and changed my email address without reading the sticky -- of course, I have read it since, and am now much wiser.

Thankfully all is good now in my little world of shaving...... I sure did get quite a start there .... whew!
Last edited by jww on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wendell

KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Nor am I a rocker :lol: I will however gladly act as intermediary if anyone else is marooned.
Chris
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

KAV wrote:Nor am I a rocker :lol: I will however gladly act as intermediary if anyone else is marooned.
Chris
Well - you are pretty far up there in my estimation --- I have Chris' email now in my gmail contacts list as SMF admin..... :wink:
Wendell

KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

Post by KAV »

Be carefull with GMAIL. I have a moribund account, mostly used for craigslist research into the adult services recently deleted. :^o
I had several server issues with it also; probably why Bambi never showed up in her silver snakeskin boots to discuss geopolitical topics.