Sections for items for sale

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
MARKHOLLADAY

Sections for items for sale

Post by MARKHOLLADAY »

Hello
I am fairly new to this forum and I like it very much. I was just wondering if it would be possible to put the items for sale into separate categories ( straight razors, DE razors, soaps and creams , etc. ) I just thought it might make finding a specific item you are looking for easier.

Thank You
Mark Holladay
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Hi Mark, and welcome to SMF.

My feeling is that the amount of traffic in the sales forum isn't enough to warrant separate sections.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Mark, agreed with the prior post. Usually, just log in and click to view just the new posts. You can then easily see what has been new since the last login.
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Additional information:

This site is run entirely by volunteers. Giving them extra busywork by making them re-categorize the sale & trade section when people mistakenly post in the wrong sub-section would be a waste of volunteers.
brothers

Post by brothers »

There is too much obsession with catagories and sub catagories these days. I don't want to be limited to just razors or just this or that, I want to see all the new stuff that I might not have known I wanted until I saw one for sale. There is a lot of adventure involved in impulse shopping. If a guy wants to limit his search for one particular type of item, it's the easiest thing in the world. Use the search function, type the name or key word for the item, and limit the search to threads only, in the Selling and Trading forum only. That's pretty darn simple to do.

Too bad, I just checked and I guess Mark bailed a few months ago.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Would it be too much of a hassle to move all the completed and cancelled sales into a new subforum? (I don't mean moving everything from the beginning of time, but maybe starting from a month ago.) Can we give sellers the ability to do move their own threads, without allowing them to move anything else?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Nope, a mod would have to do it. I nominate you!

Chris :wink:
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace