Help Mods - PM changes to my username???

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
river1

Help Mods - PM changes to my username???

Post by river1 »

Good morning, sorry for the bother on a beautiful Sunday morning but I would like some help. When I try to send a PM, the user name switches from the person that I am sending the message to my user name. I delete it or do a search an select the right user name but it switches back to my user name or sends the PM to my Outbox and not in my Sentbox; I do not think the PMs are being sent and I have to Post on the thread of the member that I am trying to reach. This has been going on for about a week or so. I really appreciate your help. Best regards, river1
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
95%

Post by 95% »

In this forum, a PM you have sent remains in your outbox until it is read by the recipient. Then it automatically moves to your sentbox. This logic confused me too when I started here.
Porter
river1

Post by river1 »

Thanks Porter that explains one part of the problem and the username switch may be my identity safe toolbar that automatically fills everything out. I will try to disable that and see if it works. Doug
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

river1 wrote:Thanks Porter that explains one part of the problem and the username switch may be my identity safe toolbar that automatically fills everything out. I will try to disable that and see if it works. Doug
Doug,

The best way to change anything in your account (if you are unsure) is to contact (PM) a moderator or admin "prior to doing anything". They don't mind and would rather make sure the changes are done correctly rather than "fix" something that is broke. The mods are usually listed at the top of the forum: Moderator =. Or if you don't receive a prompt response, contact Dr Moss. He is usually very responsive and fast acting. Just be prepared to receive a response: "Did you read...". But that's OK. Just follow the instructions, and don't wear your feelings on your sleeve. I've made a few errors and it was resolved promptly.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Racso_MS wrote:Just be prepared to receive a response: "Did you read...". But that's OK.
That's too passive aggressive for me! You're right though, that if you want to change your e-mail in your profile, your account will require re-activation by an admin (not a mod).

Did you read the sticky?

Chris :lol:
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
river1

Post by river1 »

Chris and Oscar, thank both of you for the help and advise including the caveat that "read this" is expected and part of the process without the feelings on the sleeve attitude. It is actually welcomed because I go round and round on the FAQ usually reading all of the wrong things. Doug
river1

Post by river1 »

drmoss_ca wrote:
Racso_MS wrote:Just be prepared to receive a response: "Did you read...". But that's OK.
That's too passive aggressive for me! You're right though, that if you want to change your e-mail in your profile, your account will require re-activation by an admin (not a mod).

Did you read the sticky?

Hi Chris, and I just read the sticky that the admin's wouldn't chew me out; I am not sure about the foot rub, but the "buy you a drink" certainly sounds fair to me. :lol:
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

The foot rub is for Gordon, but since you ask, I'll have a Campari soda.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
river1

Post by river1 »

river1 wrote:
drmoss_ca wrote:

Did you read the sticky?

Hi Chris, and I just read the sticky that the admin's wouldn't chew me out; I am not sure about the foot rub, but the "buy you a drink" certainly sounds fair to me. :lol:
Well there I go again Chris with the same problem of the PM switching from who I want it to go to back to my name. After reading my problems before, I am reminded to shut off the Norton auto-fill feature since I just installed the new software for this year. How soon I forget..... :oops: