My Congratulations to the Administrators of SMF

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Ouchmychin

My Congratulations to the Administrators of SMF

Post by Ouchmychin »

Yesterday I found out there was an online board devoted to men's clothing style. I joined because I wanted to ask some questions about the Hickey Freeman suit label because I found that a HF vest I bought was made in China. In my youth that label was the gold standard of quality and I wondered if anyone there knew what happened. While some members were very knowledgable and helpful a couple of others thought I was lying about details in my post or I was a "troll". That has never happened to me in all the years I have been a member of SMF. I have had some very far out ideas and never got flamed or banned. At least one member gave my most far out technique a try and reported on the results. I had gotten complacent here and was shocked at the behavior allowed there.
Congratulations and thanks.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin (Pete)
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Web forums are like Usenet used to be: the wild frontier of the online world. Just like other wild frontiers, you pick your company and be careful who you drink with. I'll buy you a shot of rotgut any day.

Chris :roll:
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
paddy

Post by paddy »

it's best not to take these things too personally.

essentially what you are getting worked up about are arrangements of pixels on an LED screen. what we are do in internet forums is a complete waste of time and a load of old meaningless nonsense. no more, possibly less.
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.