View Post since last visit #2 & UPDATE

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
Spenser

View Post since last visit #2 & UPDATE

Post by Spenser »

It happened again just now.

I think it said 22 post to view

After my first view went back to Forum/View since last ...

Get page that no item matches my request (or wording to that effect)

:?:

UPDATE; Ready to leave and went to _ view since ... , and had no problem checking the new post.
"Life is tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne
Gene

Post by Gene »

OK, that I know about. What I think happens is you only see new posts since last visit once per visit.

If you drop off for 24 hours, then go to SMF, you can click on new posts since last visit. There will be some number of posts. you can click on one, read, comment or hit your back button. you can do this while you troll all the post you noted when you logged in for the day.

But, if you click on that same new posts link again you will get nothing, as those posts are no longer new to your machine, for your current visit. or, if there were, say 20 posts, only posts from active members who commented on something while you were reading or posting will pop up.

What I do (no expert, just my way) is read through all the posts that interest me, commenting where I want to. Then, after I am done, I hit my "refresh" button...and new posts might pop up, plus all the posts I had commented on will show up, with my name as last poster.

maybe somebody has a better way, we'll see...
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

That may be the answer Gene. I'll try the back button instead of going back to Forum/View. That makes sense.

Thanks.
Spenser

Post by Spenser »

Gene, haven't had the problem since using left arrow. Thanks.