How to turn off watching

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
churchilllafemme

How to turn off watching

Post by churchilllafemme »

I have not chosen to watch any threads at all, yet for the last 2 days I have been getting repeated email messages notifying me that there is a reply on a thread I am watching. In the email is a link to click to stop watching, yet after I click it I keep receiving the emails. How can I turn this feature off permanently so that I don't get these annoying emails?
_______
John
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

Have you tried Profile | Preferences | Always notify me of replies

I usually just "stop watching this topic" at the lower left of a thread.
Ed
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

kronos9 wrote:Have you tried Profile | Preferences | Always notify me of replies

I usually just "stop watching this topic" at the lower left of a thread.
I have always had "Notify me of replies" set to No, and that hasn't changed lately. But something is overriding it.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've decide that in my case, I must have triggered the system-wide absence of any notifications whatsoever, by doing exactly what is suggested above, clicking on the unsubscribe function. That was evidently mis-read by the software and resulted in my accidentally precluding any and all future email notices. As I've said above, being aware of the glitch I simply glance at the board to see if there are any new posts or emails I might like to check out.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444