Addressing PMs

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
John Parker

Addressing PMs

Post by John Parker »

Would like to know how one is suppose to address a new pm. Have been waiting for a reply from brothers, only to find the pm never was sent (despite having pushed the send button). When I select to send a pm, I get a name at the top of the form, but not one in the address area. Around the address area I see a couple of add and add something else buttons. What/how am I suppose to get something into the address window?
John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Addressing PMs

Post by drmoss_ca »

Type the recipient's name into the text box and click the Add button, then give the PM a subject, then type the message.
Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 9.02.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 9.02.29 PM.png (57.73 KiB) Viewed 12173 times
C'est tout!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Thank you, thank you!! That looks like something I might be able to do! Thanks, Chris; appreciate the help. Out of curiosity what is the "add (BBC)"?
John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

BCC - Add a recipient who will receive a blind copy - ie the main recipient won't know you copied it to someone else.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Thanks again, Chris!
John
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

drmoss_ca wrote:Type the recipient's name into the text box and click the Add button, then give the PM a subject, then type the message.
Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 9.02.29 PM.png
C'est tout!

Chris
Chris, I'm back, and still confused! Above the screen you pictured above there is a "to", a name (I preselected someone) and a box with an "x" in it. What are these for? If the name of the intended recipient is already there, can't I just use that? Or must I go down to "find a member" all the time anyway?

Thanks again, John
John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

If you are replying to a PM, there will already be a recipient and title, so you can just write the body of the message and send it it.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

drmoss_ca wrote:If you are replying to a PM, there will already be a recipient and title, so you can just write the body of the message and send it it.

Chris
I was not replying to a PM. I looked up someone in the membership list, selected PM, and the recipient and box with the x in it came up automatically. Tried selecting the box with the x but had no luck getting the PM sent. I will just have to remember to type it in and click add, like you said. Just thought since the name was already above the recipient box I could do it a little more automatically.
John