The new heading

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
ghart

The new heading

Post by ghart »

Many thanks to those who have brought about an improvement in accessibility, clarity and so on with the new location. It's a minor point that I have. The turquoise banner seems to indicate SMF squared, which is not really the idea. Would it be possible to bring the digit 2 onto the bottom line, so that we have "SMF2"? Or any other suggestions?

George
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: The new heading

Post by drmoss_ca »

Oh, but it's not just twice as good...

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:Oh, but it's not just twice as good...

C.
It's twice as good doubled ... er, um, I think. :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Don't ask me, I'm not a math guy.
Regards,
Squire
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

Actually, the way it's written now works out to Shave My Face Face. If you enclose SMF in parentheses and leave the exponent outside, it gets much worse. Multiplying (SMF)x(SMF) gives you S^2 x M^2 x F^2 or Shave Shave My My Face Face. Try typing that into a browser. :shock:

I suppose "SMF II" might work to avoid the mathematical pedantry, but the current heading works fine as is. Unfortunately, I could not find a tongue-in-cheek smiley so I'll just use :wink: .
Ed
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Since only Vince has access to those graphics there is sod all I can do to help, other than to say that if SMF² is "twice as good, doubled" then that statement by Wendell is true for values of SMF equal to 4.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

kronos9 wrote:Actually, the way it's written now works out to Shave My Face Face. If you enclose SMF in parentheses and leave the exponent outside, it gets much worse. Multiplying (SMF)x(SMF) gives you S^2 x M^2 x F^2 or Shave Shave My My Face Face. Try typing that into a browser. :shock:

I suppose "SMF II" might work to avoid the mathematical pedantry, but the current heading works fine as is. Unfortunately, I could not find a tongue-in-cheek smiley so I'll just use :wink: .
LOL
:::Vince:::
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

I'm going to make it a plain SMF once I get around to taking the old forum completely offline (it's still technically alive for the moment).

I only put the "2" there as way differentiate the site from the previous incarnation of the forum. It's purely stylistic and will be removed eventually.

Vince
:::Vince:::
ghart

Post by ghart »

Thank you Vince.

George