Gallery access

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
brothers

Gallery access

Post by brothers »

Something's off with the Gallery. Clicking on the link to Gallery has lots of photos, but no access to My Gallery. It does offer an attractive array of choices, but when one attempts to negotiate the "login" function, I am taken to the OLD SMF that says no longer working, go away. /Repeating the process it then becomes an eternal loop, with no way to actually enter my own gallery and view existing or post new photos. Yes, as always, I'm sure it's all on me. What am I missing or better yet, what did I once know that I've now forgotten?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Gallery access

Post by drmoss_ca »

When I click on the Gallery link at the top of the page I get this (click on the image to see it all):
Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 7.07.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 7.07.52 PM.png (866.26 KiB) Viewed 11493 times
and the second part of the page with the gallery called 'General' is my gallery. Doesn't it work that way for you?

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yes, I did that and my gallery does show up. However, I am unable to add any new photos. There used to be a link that said something like "upload photos", and I just can not find that link any more, either from the home page or from my gallery.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I see what you mean. Vince may have disabled it as he doesn't intend to upgrade the gallery to a more modern add-on. He's hoping we can learn to use the attachments feature.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've been working on my photos, now that the Gallery is a thing of the past. I've learned that we can use the attachment feature, but I'm struggling to find the secret to posting a photo without it being so large that the viewer has to scroll up and down and back and forth to be able to see it. Can you help me out with this aspect of it?
Gary

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Try resizing images to about 800 pixels width before attaching them - then when they are clicked upon the full view shows just about everything. You can also link to an image hosted elsewhere at full resolution - but again if it is too big people will have to scroll their pages around to examine it bit by bit.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks for that info! I can do that.
Gary