Active topics inquiry

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
brothers

Active topics inquiry

Post by brothers »

Just out of curiosity, what constitutes an active topic as listed at the top of the Board index? How does the drop down box for the past x days factor into the equation? When I look back 1 year, there are active topics with as few as 0, first posted 9 months ago and no responses, listed as the only 0 response topic in the past year and still qualifying as an active topic. :D I clicked on the link to unanswered topics, and there are 112 topics that have never had any responses in the past 365 days. I decided it's an innocuous software hiccup.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Active topics inquiry

Post by brothers »

It appears to be working this morning! Somebody fixed it. :)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Must have been gremlins, because it wasn't me!

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Evidently the active topics function is only applicable to "Cooking and Recipes". :)
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It occurs to me that if anyone wants to find out which topics are trending here in addition to the cooking topic, all they have to do is click on "view new posts". Not a biggie. :)
Gary