What Happened?

Since this is a new forum I'm looking for everyone's feedback so that we can customize the site accordingly. Post your suggestions and ideas here!
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

What Happened?

Post by razor_boy »

Vince,

I was browsing the forum (8:00pm Central time) and the interface suddenly changed.

Have you been playing again??? :)

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I agree with the others. This is the typical forum. I like the old SMF forum better. Plus there is no link to the homepage or the gallery or the chat. WTF?
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Guy's Vince did not change this. We may have gotten hacked but Vince is working on it. It will be restored by the morning.

Vince is going to call his peeps at the FBI office and find the person who did this.

It's ok Vince and I have the latest cyber forensics technology and we will track the the hacker. :twisted:
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Very weird. I will get this fixed ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience. I assure you things will be restored to normal in a couple of hours.

Vince
:::Vince:::
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

The forum has been restored to its intended design. Sorry for the brief glitch. There was an attempt made to hack the site which actually failed. Instead, all the hacker was able to do was default the forum to the original theme that is first installed.

I just had revert back to the customized "shavemyface.com" theme with the click of a button.

For all you hackers out there, I kindly ask you to stop tampering with the site. I probably can't stop you completely but with daily, automated backups to both the database and source code I can easily recover at any given time.

Vince 8)
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

GO VINCE! BRAVO!
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I have shared my CC# with Charles in PM on this site...should I be concerned? Did the hackers access the PMs?
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Chris,

From what I can tell the hackers did not access the PM's. However, as a precaution I would recommend NOT sharing CC#'s via PM. Such information should only be sent over HTTPS (secure website) where the data is encrypted and difficult to intercept by a third party. I have already gone ahead and patched the forum to the latest version of phpBB. That should help for the time being but as you may or may not know, hackers are quite resourceful. Generally it's only a matter of time before they find some other exploit. Be safe, be smart.

Happy posting.

Vince
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Thanks Vince for putting my mind at ease! Why the hell would anyone want to hack us? We're good people!