Requesting sample email addresses

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Requesting sample email addresses

Post by AACJ »

Does anyone have a list of email addresses for whom to send sample requests to? I think it would be great to have a list of them some people just joining the forum could just copy and paste (blind copy) to request the samples.

Regards
Last edited by AACJ on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
robofunk

Post by robofunk »

what a great idea!
i got my trumpers samples through this address:

enquiries@trumpers.com
Sage

Post by Sage »

That is a good idea. Wish I had a list like that a couple months ago....

Andy
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Here are some from my list:

orders@smartshave.com
ian@bigelowchemists.com
info@getjackblack.com
info@theartofshaving.com
info@truefittandhill.com
info@proraso.com
sales@tayloroldbondst.co.uk
emily@emsplace.com
orders@truegentlemen.com
customerservice@truegentlemen.com

My problem is that I sent some from my work email and blind copied them, when I go to see who I sent them to, it blinds them from ME as well.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

I've received samples from....
Truefitt & Hill, Taylors, Pecksniffs (cologne), Castle Forbes, Brooks Brothers, Penhaligons (cologne), Caswell-Massey and Crabtree & Evelyn. You can "Google" for these sites and they all have a "Contact us" button that you can use to request samples. I've also requested samples from Trumpers but have yet to see anything from them. Apparently they are out of stock of samples which I don't understand.

If anyone has any other companies that offer samples....feel free to post :)

Thanks.

Patrick
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Here is another one for J. Peterman, you know from Seinfeld. I wonder if I could talk to Elaine.

orders@jpeterman.com

They will even send you one of their famous catalogs, but the Urban Sombrero isn't in it...
Art

Ingrown

Post by Ingrown »

Free samples are nice but keep one thing in mind it is costly
for the company sending them out. How much does it cost
you to mail a small package at the post office? Those little
containers to put the goodie in cost $$$. What is the chance
of you really going back to buy something?

We have a small business and it wouldn't take long for the
public to put the $$ hurt on us. We will send samples but the
stipulation is that you pay the postage. Guess how many people
want samples when they have to pay the postage???
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Ingrown wrote:Free samples are nice but keep one thing in mind it is costly
for the company sending them out. How much does it cost
you to mail a small package at the post office? Those little
containers to put the goodie in cost $$$. What is the chance
of you really going back to buy something?

We have a small business and it wouldn't take long for the
public to put the $$ hurt on us. We will send samples but the
stipulation is that you pay the postage. Guess how many people
want samples when they have to pay the postage???
I undertand completely from both sides, however, as a consumer, I would rather try a sample of something I heard good things about than spend 20.00 or more on a tub of something I might not like or use, I don't like to throw my money away and I am sure the companies don't like to either.

I actually have paid postage for samples, though not for men's grooming supplies, it was for carpeting, and I had to pay for the carpet as wel..however, I think that the cost, although high to create and send samples is high at first, but the cost of not gaining a customer who wanted to try their products is even greater, I liken it to the old saying, "It costs money to make money."

I, do however, try to sample products when I am at a store, I do try to save them money on the postage, but if there is not a distributor around ( I live ourside of Richmond Virginia and it's far from a thriving metropolis), I am forced to make one of two decisions, ask for a sample and decide if I want to purchase their fine product or not or ask for a sample and not give the product a chance to sell itself.

Just my .02 cents.

P. S. Most of these suppliers are either mail order, internet or out of the country and don't have a "brick and moatar" anywhere close. If there is something close by, I go to check it out myself.
Art

Third_Rail

Post by Third_Rail »

I was just thinking where to get samples of different things... how would one word these requests??

I'm quite a new shaver with straight razors/DEs, I just started yesterday. I don't quite feel sure enough of myself to purchase large amounts of after shave or anything else yet.

EDIT: That Trumpers address doesn't work, and I don't see any others on their website.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

I would like to apologize for my grammatical and spelling errors in my prior post. I was in a hurry and at work getting ready to leave and did not know if this forum has a spell checker.

Regards
Art

ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Does anyone know if its possible to get samples of the high end colognes like Creed, Lorenzo Villoresi, and others?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Clark, Well, sample vials of Creed scents certainly exist, I've had bunches of them ( probably still have a few around somewhere ), but I've always gotten them at shops that sold Creed, in person. Now that they no longer have their own shops in NYC, I'm not sure who one would contact. Ditto for Villerosi. Chris F. would probably know about that one. Regards, Gordon
ARenaissanceMan

Well I fired off an email to CaswellMassey about their 2 LV and Knize Ten. I also sent one to Lafco in NY because they carry the whole line. Ill report back once I hear from them. If I hear from them.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Aedes de Venustas (aedes.com) in New York will send seven samples for a charge of $15. If you buy something, they will send seven free samples.

My feeling is that sending samples is worth it for the business, especially if the business is in England and the customer is in the U.S. A while ago I requested fragrance samples from Trumper, Taylor, and D.R. Harris. I asked Trumper for 10 samples, figuring that I was pushing it. They sent me eleven. I asked Taylor for four samples. I received a note from them saying that they did not ordinarily send samples but they would send one or two! Sure enough, I received two. I don't know why they could not send all four. On the plus side, they were accompanied by a handwritten note from one of the owners--a nice touch--and were larger than usual samples. D.R. Harris declined to send any but described their fragrances. Subsequently, I purchased five of the Trumper fragrances and only one each fromTaylor and D.R. Harris. I also purchased several fragrances from Aedes after receiving the samples.

Ken
Third_Rail

Post by Third_Rail »

Taylor of Old Bond St. just replied - they're not currently equipped to send small samples of their hard soaps, but they'll be sending me some pre-shave stuff and shaving creams in various scents. Better outcome than I had expected, to be honest. :)
ARenaissanceMan

Here is the word from Lafco NY:

Hello - Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we
do
not supply samples for our products.

Where are you located? If you provide me a city or zip code, I will be
more
than happy to let you know what stores carry the Lorenzo products in
that
area so that you can test them in the stores.

Best regards,

Lafco NY
ARenaissanceMan

CM got back to me and agreed to send the samples of Knize Ten and LV Piper Nigrum.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Got some fragrance samples from Floris - http://www.florislondon.com

Santal....ummmmm
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

Here is a response I got from SmartShave.com, doesn't seem to be too bad of a deal, except I don't have bad razor bumps, ingrowns or razor burn. But here is there response regarding samples:

"Hi Arthur, Thanks for your inquiry and your interest in Smart Shave. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide free samples at this time. I suggest ordering the 7-use travel kit, as that will give you a good idea if Smart Shave will work for you.

Alternatively, if you can email me a picture of yourself that shows razor bumps or ingrowns or razor burn, I would be happy to send you a full kit to see if we can get some before and after pictures.

Best, Rita"
Art

HEWSINATOR

Post by HEWSINATOR »

I am getting samples from:

Truefitt & Hill
Taylor
The Art of Shaving
Jack Black

We will see what I get, and more importantly how I like the products. Oddly enough, I have none of these products in my regimen (Anthony Logistics, Decleor Men, Brave Soldier, Men's Science)