T&H Rose shaving cream...first time using creams

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Scorpio

T&H Rose shaving cream...first time using creams

Post by Scorpio »

Yesterday I bought a tub of T&H Rose since I kept reading the great reviews from members. This morning I shave with it and I LIKE IT!! I can tell this was a quality cream in comparison from the soaps I have been using. The lather was great and and relatively easy to attain(I used the tub to hand to face approach). The shave was smooth and the scent was great. This is not good, my SCAD can get out of hand!! thanks to all the members for sharing their reviews on shaving products, you make it a lot easier for newbies like me to enjoy the shave.

Tomorrow I try T&H 1805!!

Rafael
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

i have the trumpers Rose and love it.

T&H 1805 is my favorite :)

u will LOVE it !!!!!

while ur there, get the 1805 EDT and ASB :D
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Congratulations Rafael. It's hard to beat the Rose scent. You should try their almond. It's very nice indeed.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

I almost bought the Almond. It had such a sweet scent. I have to wait for payday but the almond, the 1805 fragance and 1805 ASB are next. I may need to get a bigger travel bag to carry all my new stuff \:D/
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

somehow, i didnt like the almond smell. next on my list is trumpers coconut :D

DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Are there any stores that sell T&H? I heard that Nordstrom sells it, but I went to our local store and they don't carry it.

I probably have a two-year supply of creams already, but I've been anxious to try the T&H creams.

Dave
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

Yes I bought my shaving creams at Nordstrom at the Galleria in Dallas but I know they have the products at my local Nordstrom in Austin. They had a good selection of T&H shaving creams,ASB and fragances. I payed $22 for the tub and $16 for the tube and of course they give a bunch of free samples.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Thanks, Scorpio. Guess I'd better try one of the other Nordstrom's around here.

Dave
wellgroomed67

Post by wellgroomed67 »

I also bought a tub of T & H Rose at the Nordstrom in the Galleria in Dallas; I think they had 1 tub left of Rose, plus some lavender, 1805, etc. No Sandalwood. I'll be curious to see if they get any more Rose in stock, I bought some mainly because it appears it may be hard to come by in the U.S. in the near future. JMCooper
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Rafael, Good grief! Yet another member from Austin ( must be something in the water....I mean, why did Charles Roberts wind up there? ). Anyway, glad to have you aboard. Yes, T&H certainly offer some fine shaving creams. IMO, their Rose and Lavender are especially appealing. Since I ran out of my pot of Coate's Lavender, I've fallen back on the T&H, ( which I could get locally ), and have been quite happy with it. Now that Taylors has altered their creams, the T&H Rose may be my favourite of the available Rose scented shave creams. The scent is very nice, I think, and I like the fact that it's not so heavily colored as most of the others. Good choice. Personally, I do think that the T&H potted creams are a bit better then their tubes, FWIW.
Regards,
Gordon
musa

Post by musa »

Dave,

Nordstrom in Valley Fair mall has a full line of T&H cream. I just went there last friday.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

Gordon,

I've think there are a few Austinites in here, maybe we ought to get together one of these days. I bought the 1805 tube beacuse I was running tight on coin but as soon as I can I will get the tub. I must say that I believe that the 1805 left my skin a little dry in comparison to Rose. Lubrication was good if not better than Rose but somehow my skin felt a little dry afterwards, even after the moisturizer. It was not too bad but I did notice the difference. I like the 1805 scent so as long as there is no problems with dry skin I will stay with it.

I also have a sampler pack waiting for me at home so I will have the chance to try other Rose's from Taylor's and also Lavender's.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

Gordon,

I've think there are a few Austinites in here, maybe we ought to get together one of these days. I bought the 1805 tube beacuse I was running tight on coin but as soon as I can I will get the tub. I must say that I believe that the 1805 left my skin a little dry in comparison to Rose. Lubrication was good if not better than Rose but somehow my skin felt a little dry afterwards, even after the moisturizer. It was not too bad but I did notice the difference. I like the 1805 scent so as long as there is no problems with dry skin I will stay with it.

I also have a sampler pack waiting for me at home so I will have the chance to try other Rose's from Taylor's and also Lavender's.
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

Gordon,

shavex

Post by shavex »

T&H Rose is like 'divine'. It makes you wait for the next morning! :)
Gaurav Pareek
Business Promoter / Director - Export Sales (USA & UK)
SHAVEX
www.shavex.com

P: +91 99280 00050
E: management@shavex.com

GO GREEN with Shavex! Print documents only when necessary.
ouch

Post by ouch »

The T&H rose is but one of literally dozens of high end creams you may fall in love with. It has a very pleasing scent and lathers and performs better than most of the T&H lineup, which tends towards the thin side (their West Indian lime being a noteworthy exception).

If "it's gotta be the T&H rose", I'd suggest stocking up, as I'm under the impression that it (along with their sandalwood) has been discontinued, at least for North American distribution. Sad, but this happens all of the time. I lament the loss of the original Taylor rose and avocado, as others mourn the discontinuance of "old" formula Harris a/s milk.

Note to Texans: I recall seeing the following sign in a NYC bar-

"Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, you'll know. If he's not, why embarrass him?"
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

ouch wrote:
Note to Texans: I recall seeing the following sign in a NYC bar-

"Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, you'll know. If he's not, why embarrass him?"

LOL