Consistancy of T&H Ultimate Comfort Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
marsom

Consistancy of T&H Ultimate Comfort Cream

Post by marsom »

I have a question for those of you who've been using this cream. I just purhcased a tub and noticed that the consistancy of the cream is rather thick. I would decribe it as being almost like Castle Forbes cream. Really dense and thick. Is this normal or should the cream have the consistancy of Trumpers, Taylors, or the old T&H? I expected it to be more along the lines of the AOS creams. Maybe, I got a dried out tub.

Regards,
Marsom
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Sounds similar in consistency as my tub. Not quite as thick as CF though in my opinion.
Richard
yourmando

Post by yourmando »

Marsom - to me, your tub sounds drier than usual. The Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort that I have (and from what I have heard from others) looks more whipped and "peaky," rather than dense and smooth like new Taylor of Old Bond Street creams. It's more dense feeling than Art of Shaving creams. These looked whipped as well, but don't have the "peaks." The AOS cream feels light and creamy on the fingers before lathering, wheras the T&H feels a bit stiffer. It's certainly not as dense as Harris and Taylor creams, but it's a bit closer to Trumper.

Armando
marsom

Post by marsom »

If it is a dry batch of cream, is there anything that one would recommend to hydrate it a bit. I think I read something about this a while back on this forum.

The cream seems to lather okay and I got really nice results using it, but it does remind me of a tub of castle forbes that I once had.

Regards,
Marsom
Scorpio

Post by Scorpio »

I have a tub of T&H Rose and it also dense not creamy as let say Trumper's. It works just fine for me. I heard somewhere that T&H creams in the tub tend to have this thicker consistency. T&H creams in the tube are otherwise cream like as we know. At least this has been my experience.

Rafael
"A well lathered face is only half of a good shave"