Favorite candies

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Ben

Favorite candies

Post by Ben »

Okay, all the talk about sweets in this forum has forced my hand. I am now compelled to share my all-time favorite candies (leaving out strictly chocolate treats). In no particular order, they are: Boston Baked Beans, Swedish fish, licorice pipes (red), licorice all-sorts, satellite wafers, Mary Janes, Doscher's Famous French Chew Taffy (made in Cincinnati, my home town), and probably others I’m too fat to remember. Hehehe.

How about you?
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

OMFG...there's this little candy counter next to the escalators at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas that have the most incredible chocolates anywhere... \:D/

--Mark
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I like Swedish feet too. I also love Maynard's Wine Gums. Best results are had when you put them in the fridge and they get real chewy.
Richard
Ben

Post by Ben »

mantic wrote:OMFG...there's this little candy counter next to the escalators at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas that have the most incredible chocolates anywhere... \:D/

--Mark
I'll be in Vegas during the last week of September. If I can make it to that chocolately nook, I will.

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Easy, hands down, the Atomic Fireball. Especially the big ones that are sold individually. The little ones in the bag never seem as hot. I used to buy 20 or so for long drives. Hard to get drowsy with one of those in your mouth.
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

MOSES wrote:Easy, hands down, the Atomic Fireball. Especially the big ones that are sold individually. The little ones in the bag never seem as hot. I used to buy 20 or so for long drives. Hard to get drowsy with one of those in your mouth.
That brings back memories! I remember kids hustling them for a quarter in school. Same kids would soak toothpicks in cinnamon oil and sell them for a quarter as well.

My favorite would have to be either Reeces peanutbutter cups or lemon heads.
Ben

Post by Ben »

I left peanut butter cups (and all chocolates and chocolate/peanut butter hybrids) out simply because they're a sick addiction that goes beyond favorite status.

soulshine

Post by soulshine »

candy raisins - fresh ones...
swedish fish - i'm with ben on this!
mike & ike
sour patch kids

s~s

edit : chocolate goodies removed.
Last edited by soulshine on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Non-chocolate makes it a bit tougher. I'll go with:

Root beer barrels
Mary Janes
Cracker Jacks
--Bob--
MindSpin

Post by MindSpin »

I'm a junkie, I couldn't possibly pick.
This will age me. When I was a kid I remember going to the store with a dime and coming back with a bag, a BAG, of candy. Standing there and deciding what to get drove old man Robbins nuts.
Double Bubble 2 for a penny.
My brothers were the worst. They would ask the guy if he had any electrical tape, or anything else that was in the back. And while he was back there they'd fill their pockets with candy.
That was a long time ago. Before gravity pushed the store into the Welland River.
Personal growth has always been a passion of mine... I'm just too lazy to do anything about it.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Chick-a-stik! Anyone remember these?
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Austin wrote:Chick-a-stik! Anyone remember these?
My wife loves those. I always get a bag as a "stocking stuffer" for Christmas. 8)

--Mark
gruffydd3

Post by gruffydd3 »

I think for non-chocolate candies I would have to go for Bassett's Allsorts.

Now someone has to tell me what Swedish Fish are. I've never heard of them.

Rick
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Ben wrote:I left peanut butter cups (and all chocolates and chocolate/peanut butter hybrids) out simply because they're a sick addiction that goes beyond favorite status.
Very true.

I will stick with lemonheads but I will throw a couple out there that always make me smile:

Pop Rocks
Butterscotch hard candy
Sweettarts
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Gatorade wrote:I will stick with lemonheads but I will throw a couple out there that always make me smile:

Pop Rocks
Butterscotch hard candy
Sweettarts
I couldn't agree more - those are all favorites of mine. Less so the butterscotch, more so the sweettarts and especially lemonheads. I LOVE sour candies.
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Barry

Post by Barry »

mantic wrote:OMFG...there's this little candy counter next to the escalators at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas that have the most incredible chocolates anywhere... \:D/

--Mark
There's a place in Vegas that has the indoor chocolate waterfall. I forget where it was but that giant contraption was cool! The link will take you a picture...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lane/85104 ... t-1817383/

Barry
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Barry wrote:

--Mark
There's a place in Vegas that has the indoor chocolate waterfall. I forget where it was but that giant contraption was cool! The link will take you a picture...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lane/85104 ... t-1817383/

Barry
One of my wife's recent company parties had one of those chocolate waterfalls. The idea was to dip strawberries and biscotti into the liquid. I stood there with a glass and drank melted chocolate. It was a good party.
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
soulshine

Post by soulshine »

Barry

Post by Barry »

Here's a better picture! It's at the Bellagio.

Ben

Post by Ben »

MOSES wrote: I LOVE sour candies.
I'm also a fan. I used to cram as many Sour Patch Kids into my kisser as necessary to get my eyes to squint.

Also used to love Cherry Clan.