Straight razors for sale *SOLD*

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
Ben

Straight razors for sale *SOLD*

Post by Ben »

Gentlemen,

It pains me to do so, but I need to sell some straight razors. Here's what I have to offer:

1. Bengall 5/8 - This razor is in excellent condition. Scales, pins, and steel -- all fantastic. Take this one to your trusy paddle strop or stone and get to shaving!

2. Wade & Butcher 5/8 - This razor is in good condition. It has an engraved blade. that reads Medium Size Hollow Ground. Note the barber's notch. Pins and scales are great. There are some nicks in the edge closest to the point. The outermost parts of the tang show a little oxidation, but nothing a good buffing won't heal. This comes in its original Wade & Butcher coffin case.

3. A. Eickhoff 6/8 - I can't find any information about this one. It's in very good condition and marked A. Eickhoff Boome St. N.Y. Scales and pins are good. The steel is great. A couple very tiny nicks on the edge. The owner did a nice job lightly scrtcing his name, Mr. Good, on one of the scales. Other marking on the scales include 25, GT, and A. This comes with a mismatched box, marked Wellington.

4. Klas Tornblom (Eskilstuna, Sweden) 4/8 - This is Swedish steel. Overall, this is in good condition. Scales and pins are fine, and the steel is good but has a couple of small darkened areas. Has a barber's notch.

5. Joh. Engstrom (Eskilstuna, Sweden) 6/8 - More Swedish steel. This is, overall, in fair condition. I believe the scales are bone (they have a fine, distinct grain). The blade casts a nice reflection but there is some scratching at the spine and hone wear. One scale is cracked at the pin by the tang. New pins, scales, and a good buffing should make this a winner again. This came in a box, but I can't be sure that it's original to the razor.

I'm selling these as a group. The price is $85, which includes the cost of shipping USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. PayPal only, and I'll eat the cost of the PayPal transaction. Pictures are available here.
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Ben

Post by Ben »

The razors are sold.
Hell-bent ... hell-bent for Feather!

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown flask in my shaving kit."
— Dr. Gonzo, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas