1805-like Scents

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
xkvamme

1805-like Scents

Post by xkvamme »

I really enjoy my Truefitt and Hill 1805. I was wondering if anyone knew any similar scents, either from T&H, the other two T's, or anyone else. Thanks.

Alexander
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

To me Caswell Massey's Newport cologne is similar.

Edit - I apologize, didn't know this was in the shaving cream section. I do not believe CM makes a Newport shave cream. They do however have a body soap.
Justin
Texas
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

1805 - Why do I love this scent so much?
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

J. Peterman's 1903 is very similar to T&H 1805. In fact, I like 1903 more than 1805, as 1903 is more aromatic and has more of a "marine" note.

http://www.jpeterman.com/cgi-bin/sgdyna ... -1903.html

--Mark
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Maybe it's just me but 1805 smells alot like Aqua di Gio to me, then again they are both "marine" scents.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

What does "Marine" mean? It doesn't smell like the ocean, or a Marine for that matter.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

I suggest Ocean by Calvin Klein :lol:
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

AACJ - Marine is used to refer to scents that have aquatic smells. Most of the newer designer colognes that are availalbe in department stores (i.e. Aqua Di Gio and Cool Water) are in this category.
Justin
Texas
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

AACJ wrote:What does "Marine" mean? It doesn't smell like the ocean, or a Marine for that matter.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

jdtx3302 wrote:AACJ - Marine is used to refer to scents that have aquatic smells. Most of the newer designer colognes that are availalbe in department stores (i.e. Aqua Di Gio and Cool Water) are in this category.
I am not as versed in the notes department as some of these gents, but I don't really smell aquatic smells in it either. Smells kinda woodsy and spicy to me, my wife even says it smells like Giorgio, the womans perfume that was big in the 80's

I like the 1805, just can't place the smell.
Art