Shaving Gallery Tea Tree & Lime

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Cutman

Shaving Gallery Tea Tree & Lime

Post by Cutman »

Anyone like the "Tea Tree & Lime" from Shaving Gallery?

Since I'm binging on creams right now, might as well add another if it gets some good reviews. What happened to their other creams?

Thanks.
Klatu Verata Nicto
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Cutman, Sorry for the delay but I have been revisiting the Shaving Gallery creams of late and I have really come to enjoy their Tea Tree & Lime and have more on order. Not a traditional English lime scent but more of a citrus note I guess due to the grapefruit & sweet orange added. They seem to have gotten rid of the runny problem as the tub I have reminds me of a fresh pot of Trumpers or Coates which does not surprise me in that it is a Creightons cream. No colors or parabens if that is a concern for you as well. Packaging could be more traditonal but they travel very well. Just BEWARE of the tea tree oil if your skin does not agree with this natural preservative. It seems they have settled on their Tea Tree & Lime as they are not offering their previous creams on the website.

Max
frederick

Awesome

Post by frederick »

This is the best product I have used and Laureen the owner knows her stuff.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

How much is it compared to Castle Forbes?
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Sam, As someone who has been around a while price does become an issue for me, you Gordon and who ever else spends a bit on this stuff. The Shaving Gallery cream is quite costly but when one uses it day to day it seems like a cup of cheap coffee or tea. I really just love to see new 'English' produced creams come out. Hell, once I found that Tulip handle I was done as a brush man myself.

Max
Cutman

Post by Cutman »

Thanks for the replies fellas. I've been using the stuff off & on. Lather is great, and the protection seems very good. I'm sure all the ingredients are top shelf, etc ...

I hafta say, I'm not over the moon about the stuff. Maybe it's the Tea Tree oil, I dunno. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe my love affair with Arkko has clouded my judgement.
Klatu Verata Nicto