A place to put my stuff

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
ScottB

A place to put my stuff

Post by ScottB »

nt
Last edited by ScottB on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

Very nice job.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Very nice indeed!
ksteryous

Post by ksteryous »

I tell you what...why don't I buy that English Fern from you, and then your wife will be impressed that this 'shaving nonsense' is turning into a revenue producing adventure (maybe not profit producing, though).

Kenton
hampsteronastick

Post by hampsteronastick »

If you store the brushes in that scuttle more room will be free for new aquisitions.
Dan
Daddy, why are you dipping the hampster in whipped cream?
It's not whipped cream, it's shaving cream.
Daddy, why are you shaving the hampster?
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Re: A place to put my stuff

Post by Bargepole »

ScottB wrote:I am not allowed to have (store) any shaving stuff on the bathroom countertop at all. I inquired with SWMBO about getting a nice barrister cabinet for the bathroom (a shallow ploy for more space) and was met with a chilly "have you lost your mind completely with this shaving nonsense?".
Allowed? Allowed? You have to get allowed in your own home? Rebel, man, rebel! It's all about economics:

(1) You're the major earner. "Honey. I pay the bills. This is my space. You may continue to use it contingent upon keeping a civil tongue in your head".

(2) She is the major earner. "Honey, I'm your plaything. Surely you want your plaything to be happy?"

As for this "shaving nonsense", just calmly reply: "You're right, pumpkin. It is silly. I'll take up whoring instead and you can have the bathroom back. Hell, a good hooker's no more expensive than a Plisson #16 HMW. Thanks for the heads-up. Love ya! Mwah! Mwah! Must dash!"

Ask me if I've tried those lines. Ask me if they worked like a charm. All I have to say is "Mmmw mmphpmm umphm". At least, until they unwire my jaw.

---
Michael[/i]
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I'm with Michael. No need to tolerate this sort of ill considered guff from spouses, I say. Just build your cabinet, or whatever it is. People who frequently have more shoes the Mrs. Marcos are in no position to be critical of our little foibles and excesses. And, yes, it's cheaper then whoring, gambling, or.....golf. So, she should be grateful.
Regards,
Gordon
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

It's a dilemma..this cold war with SWMBO; either you accept her boundaries or you don't: then you can persist in having a cold war or you can look for another SWMBO.....but look at the communis opinio on this board: SWMBO/spouses have a genetic disorder which is lack of SAD's; i can't blame them however...guess it's Y-linked....so it'll be very difficult to find a SWMBO with SAD, unless it's a......man.

Peter
Peter
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Use of the term allowed, rankles me also. I took a pro-active approach and got SWMBO interested in wetshaving - after all.....women shave too. Once I got her to try it, she was hooked and asked if I could get her a brush and shave cream. I told her that I could probably come up with something.....yeah, right!

She's never looked back, she still continues to use that colored twin blade POS but that's OK it works for her. My sugestion...get her involved.

Cliff
"Everything that can be invented, has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
Bicster

Post by Bicster »

Yeah man, let us know when you find your testicles...
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

When you find your way out of your small cabinet you might find that a good fight with SWMBO is a very healthful exercise. Not every day but every now and then a good yelling match clears the air (and usually ends with us laughing at our selves).

8)
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

ScottB,

If you ever need to get rid of that Plisson brush....just send me a PM and we can work out a deal :D

Patrick
"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!"

- Homer Simpson
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

nt
Last edited by ScottB on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jallen013

Post by jallen013 »

i completely agree with "Happy Wife = Happy Life" ...
but this is exactly when i would point out that if i were playing around with cocaine instead of shaving she could have A LOT more space. :twisted:
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

jallen013 wrote:i completely agree with "Happy Wife = Happy Life" ...
but this is exactly when i would point out that if i were playing around with cocaine instead of shaving she could have A LOT more space. :twisted:
Yeah but the coke is an easier addiction to quit so she knows she needs to tke the offensive right now.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Bicster wrote:Yeah man, let us know when you find your testicles...
I think they're in a small cabinet.

Cliff
"Everything that can be invented, has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

nt
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Scott, most guys would love to trade places with you. Heli-skiing paid for by the Wife AND a Plisson HMW #20 (over $500 I am guessing)? Heck, it don't get better than that, and that includes the Old Milwaukee commericals. LOL

Sam
slcsteve

Post by slcsteve »

ScottB wrote:
hampsteronastick wrote:If you store the brushes in that scuttle more room will be free for new aquisitions.
Dan
Dan, your comment has been working on me for about a week. :D

I think you are on to something. I can get one more brush in there if I store one in the scuttle. I've been wanting a nice large example of a Simpson.

But after a little searching it was clear that the brush I want is unavailable to mere mortals. Some seem to be able to obtain them but the rest of us are out in the cold. Just inquiring seems to cause one to become radioactive with emails going unanswered etc.

So its going to be another Plisson, a #20 HMW in dark horn. I like that I can pick up the phone and JJ will pick one out and drop it in the mail that day without any intrigue.

And Cliff, before you start commenting on my manhood you might want to consider that I just don't hammer on the wifeypoo over small stuff. She parks outside so my old porsches can stay in the garage. Last year she sent me heli-skiing with a buddy in Revelstoke B.C. She hates sushi but accompanys me to my favorite joint in Little Tokyo (she has figured out to call ahead for hamachi kama which is cooked) on a regular basis. If having an uncluttered bathroom countertop makes her happy then I try to cooperate. Its a matter of scale.

You got it better than that? 8)

Scott
What might that unobtainable Simpsons be?
Steve

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

nt