Does it matter where you buy colognes?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Michael,

Yes, La Tache. I had a couple of bottles of La Tache back in the day as well. When I was a "poor" law student many years ago, I bought a bottle for $10. Today, a small mortgage is necessary.

Ken
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, Ah, but there are no dates on the back of my boxes of Bois du Portugal ( which are probably 'grey goods' BTW ). The Creed scents designated as 'Millesime' are generally more expensive then their other offerings, and are said by Creed themselves to be 'eau de parfums' or 'double strength colonges ' So, that's what the term seems to mean to them, anyway.
Regards,
Gordon
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Ken wrote:I had a couple of bottles of La Tache back in the day as well. When I was a "poor" law student many years ago, I bought a bottle for $10.
Ken
$10?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

A rich friend bought mine. We shared it. Another friend was going to buy me a bottle for finishing my last book. She ratted out on me. (You don't do pro bono suing people's butts off who said they'd buy other people a bottle of La Tache but didn't, do you? Think of the publicity! The fame! The ethical glow! Oh, okay then. Just a thought.)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Michael,

$10 it was. My "day" was somewhat before yours, I think. Wine prices have been shooting up astonomically for many years.

Ken
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Ken wrote:Michael,

$10 it was. My "day" was somewhat before yours, I think. Wine prices have been shooting up astonomically for many years.

Ken
Mine was about $140, in France, in 1987. They must have been loading the price. Or alternatively you're a sprightly 107 year old with superior negotiating skills... 8)