'Tis the season for the ShaveMyFace III brush

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Johnnie
Shave This

'Tis the season for the ShaveMyFace III brush

Post by Johnnie »

Gentlemen-

UPDATE: New Photo and Ordering Timeline

I just received word that the first batch of brushes is complete. Take a look at the photo below to see some of the first batch. The only thing we are waiting on now is the brush to be stamped with the SMF/Rooney logos. As of right now we can not guaranty the brushes will be at your home by Christmas but we are trying our best. One thing that they have guaranteed is that this will be a quality Rooney brush!

The payment website is being worked on as we speak. Once we receive the final photos and prototype of the brush, we will begin taking orders.

UPDATE on CHARITY: Executive Shaving and R.A. Rooney will be donating all proceeds to Great Ormond Street Hosiptal for Children

As we approach the holidays it's time to treat ourselves to something special. What does every wetshaver want? What does every wetshaver need? What would every wetshaver love to have in their stocking? The SMF III brush!

Another one you say? Not another wood handle you say! Have no fear gentlemen. This brush promises to be something special, a blast from the past, a CLASSIC!

Ahh yes, good question. Who's making the brush you ask? Well let's just say, they are one of the oldest bRush mAkers in the world!

Ba humbug! Why wont' you give us more details? We are finalizing all the details at the moment and doing our best to have this at your doorstep in time for Christmas. So run out and tell your spouses, friends, children and family what you want for Christmas.

Here it is, the new ShaveMyFace.com brush for 2007!
As you can see it is a true classic design due to it's style, feel and looks.

UPDATE on the LABEL:

ShaveMyFace
Classic 2007
Made By Rooney
London England

Murder's Row.

My first impression of this brush was, wow, this is much nicer in person. It reminds me of the old barber shop style brushes. I will post a review of the brush tomorrow along with some photos in action.

We decided to name the brush "Classic" due of it's retro look and style. This is truly a classic which not be available anywhere else.

The hair - The hair is a special Super grade from Rooney's line of hair. They made this available for the SMF 3!

The cost
-

$100

Specifications

Handle 65mm
Hair 55mm
Knot 24mm
Width of handle 36mm.
Overall length in iches, 4.7"

I do not think there is another place on the planet where you can get a quality brush from a quality brush maker for a great price, such as this one. Honestly, with the quality of hair, style, looks and feel I don't think you will find a better value, anywhere.

Our vendor, Executive Shaving and R.A. Rooney has chosen not to profit from this brush. Instead he wishes to donate all profits to a children's hospital in the UK for Christmas.

With your help, our goal is to sell 100 brushes so we can donate $1000 to a childrens hospital in the UK. This would be a great honor for ShaveMyFace.com and all because of each member.

Ordering details to follow as soon as we finalize the brush and the specifics.

Note: ShaveMyFace.com does not profit from any sales of this brush.
Last edited by Johnnie on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:40 am, edited 10 times in total.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
woofwie

Post by woofwie »

Wooohoooo! I joined SMF just after the SMF II brush was ordered, and missed out. There is no way I'm goin to let this one go :D
Jeff (nickname is Wolf, hence the screen name)
-Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.
jallen013

Post by jallen013 »

i'm ready. i'm ready. i'm ready.
Cigar Dan

Re: 'Tis the season for the ShaveMyFace III brush

Post by Cigar Dan »

Johnnie wrote:Who's making the brush you ask? Well let's just say, they are one of the oldest bRush mAkers in the world!
If I am correct in reading that as that Rooney will be making this brush, I am ALL over that! \:D/ =P~ \:D/
Danny
gkennedy34

Post by gkennedy34 »

My favorite brush is a Rooney so if that is true I am in like Flynn...
PaulSiegel

Post by PaulSiegel »

IM THERE

now i just have to save some money...

Paul
"There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled."

-Ovid
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

This is a great excuse for me to get a new brush. Not that I need one but my accountant (aka SWMBO) scrutinizes the ol' checkbook pretty hard. :roll:
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Gatorade

Re: 'Tis the season for the ShaveMyFace III brush

Post by Gatorade »

Cigar Dan wrote:
Johnnie wrote:Who's making the brush you ask? Well let's just say, they are one of the oldest bRush mAkers in the world!
If I am correct in reading that as that Rooney will be making this brush, I am ALL over that! \:D/ =P~ \:D/
That looked to me like a hint!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

In there!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Count me in!
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Gents-

I forgot to mention the best news of all. All proceeds made will be donated to a childrens hospital in the UK!
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
timc

Post by timc »

Johnnie wrote:Gents-

I forgot to mention the best news of all. All proceeds made will be donated to a childrens hospital in the UK!
Fantastic! =D> O:)
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

Johnnie wrote:Gents-

Wow that really is great!
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

Johnnie,

Great news. I have had a chance to buy the SMFI and SMFII brushes but did not....cannot pass up this time with proceeds going to help out the children.

I'm IN!

Patrick
"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!"

- Homer Simpson
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

Man this is awesome....I am in for sure!!!
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I'm in, what the heck, what's another brush to the collection anyway? Especially since it's made by Rooney.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

As if you didn't already know,
I'm in.
John P.
Horse Shaver

Post by Horse Shaver »

Oh dang...I don't own a Rooney. Carpe Diem. I'm in.
Jeff

I'm just here for the free beer!
cigar-&-Shave

Post by cigar-&-Shave »

A picture! I need a visual! What's it gonna look like? Knot size? What will make it unique?

Give me INFORMATION!!!

Not sure why I'm demanding all that info, I'm gonna buy it no mater what anyways. :D